easy child's first accident

TerryJ2

easy child got into an accident on Friday the 13th. And didn't even tell me!

I got a call from a diff ins company today (I had ignored the calls twice because I thought they were sales) and the guy asked if easy child lived here, and if we had a yellow VW, and if she was in an accident on Friday the 13th on W Blvd.
I chortled and said, "Yesss... "
He said, "Are you her mother?"
"Couldn't you tell from the evil laugh?"
He laughed.

Turned out she had pulled into an intersection in a neighborhood that has notoriously narrow streets, onto a main thoroughfare. She pulled out too far and a truck was coming so she ... backed up.

Sigh.

Not only that, but she backed up into a 2009 Toyota Sienna. I had one, so I know how much the bumpers are. (Why not pick a Mercedes next time, honey?)

The owners are snots. There's no damage but they're going to claim there is. :(

I saw her today ... I had to buy a frame for one of her art pcs at Ben Franklin. She was in a horrid, sad mood and I teasingly asked her, "Does it have anything to do with-the accident you were in? That you didn't tell me about?"

"Oh, didn't Daddy tell you?"

Kids. Bah.

:cigarsmoker:

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Gee, I guess it slipped dad's mind just like it slipped hers! :rofl:

Glad no one was hurt and the damage wasn't bad. Too bad about the difficult owners.

I backed into someone in a parking lot about five years ago. Damage wasn't too bad and I offered to pay out of pocket to get it fixed but the guy insisted on filing a claim with my insurance. So my rates went up for seven years. Hopefully karma will catch up with him one day.

Jena

i'm glad she's ok, i saw your title of the thread and thought oh no.

yea amazing he forgot she forgot, love love pcs'.......... dont' we?? LOL

TerryJ2

Yup. Especially husband, when he says he told me and there's no way, when I was sick, and he calmly said (supposedly), in passing, easy child backed into someone. Huh?

But I am so glad no one was hurt.