easy child's new freedom....

LittleDudesMom

Just an update on easy child's new privilage - driving!

Friday was the day she was legally able to drive alone. She has been counting down the days. I picked her up from school Friday and she was ready.

difficult child had planned dinner out for the two of them but she asked if she and best bud could drive around first. Fortunately, it was a beautiful day and she left here with the top down and a smile on her face. I watched her drive down the block and couldn't believe it was by baby (as well as a "God keep her safe")!

When she got in 90 minutes later, she had a huge smile on her face! Then, she and difficult child went out for dinner together. It looked so cute him sitting in the front seat of her convertible. He was really excited that he got to go out alone with "pippy" (his pet name for her).

Later that evening, she and her friends wanted to get together. The big deliema, who was going to ride with her and who would have to ride with their parents. Only one other kid allowed in her car for the next year. Life is changing.....

Sharon

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh my... I don't think I can handle that day!!! Why do they have to grow up??? It is sweet though. It sounds like Pippy and difficult child will have some nice times... how cute.
Good job Mom!

Martie

Sharon,

This is a huge step and I don't think any mom is really ready but it sounds as though easy child will do well.

As a side note for you: I felt much more anxious than you sound and after about 6 months of easy child taking part of the driving chores, I wondered how I ever managed to be the "sole driver" for all the activities. Fortunately, in my case, about the time the bloom was off the rose on driving in my place, ex-difficult child got his license--and I've been on "vacation" ever since :rofl:

Martie

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> </span> ....and a new day dawns lol.

kris </span> </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Congratulations, easy child!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

(Sharon, I'm more proud of you and how at peace you sound!)

Suz

Wiped Out

Staff member
Congrats to easy child!! :bravo: I can't imagine the day when my easy child will get her license-I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for it!