Easy creamed soup recipe.

DDD

This morning I tried something that worked out great. Thought I'd share since it's hearty soup weather. No. I don't know how to make soup, lol, but now I did it!

I used a 2.75 ounce dry package of "country gravy" with chicken broth. Maybe 10 minutes start to finish. I went thru the refrigerator and found leftover chicken which I diced, leftover wild/white rice, a few raw baby carrots which I boiled & diced, added a shot of dried marjoram and dumped it in the pot. By the time husband got home from work he had a hot bowl of terrific soup. He's a happy camper.

Maybe you all will find it easy to use up leftover potatoes, vegetables etc. and have your family think you're the Barefoot Contessa. Up until today the only soup I have made is bean soup. :bow: Now I feel like a soup gourmet. DDD

DDD

Next trip to the grocery store pick up a pack and stick it in your pantry. I use the peppered Country Gravy mix for Country Fried Steak dinners. For under a buck, you can't go wrong. Almost any leftovers would work. They make a variety that is Sausage Country Gravy so pork would work too.
Geez, I wish husband hadn't gobbled it all up...I'm feeling hungry, too. DDD

bby31288

I doing the chicken today. To bad the weather here in Louisiana broke and it is a beautiful 64 degrees and we will be eating hot soup....LOL

DammitJanet

Have any of you been watching the Kitchen Boss on tv? He is the same guy who does the Cake Boss show. His name is Buddy something or other. Its on TLC. He has got me learning to cook Italian...lol. Now I cant cook cakes like he bakes but the food dishes he makes are delicious. I have made several of them and they are easy and good. The recipes are on TLC.com

klmno

A lady I used to work with made a smothered chicken recipe that I feel sure wasn't the typical with cream of mushrrom soup. Her's had no mushrroms in it and was more liike a white, country gravy. I'd love to figure that one out. I'm not a big chicken eater but difficult child and I both could have eaten that for days!

Sorry- that's a bit off-topic but this thread made me think of it.

bby31288

hmm. klmno that sounds good too....I bet we could google it and come up with something close to it. Was the chicken fried??

DDD

Really....give that little package a shot. The chicken fried steak is easy, fast and tasty with the Country Gravy dried mix and I swear that the Country Gravy pkg. (you can dilute as much as you want) will make quick "yum" (Rachel Ray yum, lol) soup. No big mess. No lost time. Just plain yum. lol DDD