Eating crow on Thanksgiving...

S

Signorina

From an earlier post:
... (My own prediction is that difficult child won't finish - he's never run a 5k and while he is in normal/good shape - he is not in athletic shape plus he was a childhood ashtmatic and never a runner. Shhhh, don't tell him I said that.) I think it will be PC18, PC15, H and maybe difficult child. If I know my H, he will slow down if he sees that difficult child is struggling and he will run with him. One of the things I love about my man. I think it's really great that they are doing it together. A bonding moment.

Guess who came in FIRST??? difficult child

I ate Crow along w my turkey.

S

Signorina

He was proud - but for me - it was bittersweet. Things have always come so easily to him and he takes it for granted. We're talking about a kid who got a "C" in a his "college jogging class" beating BOTH of his brothers who take running pretty seriously. But there were no hard feelings! Just a lot of male joshing and posturing...

I guess it reinforces the reality that he has been blessed with many talents and that he has always been able to accomplish wonderful things when he puts his mind to it...now if we could just get that mind clear of pot smoke...maybe he could find something worthwhile to focus upon...

I need a side of whine with my crow LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I understand bittersweet. Hopefully as he matures he'll come to realize how blessed he is and use his blessings to their full potential. At only 20, he still has some growing up to do.

If he took it for granted, He wouldn't feel quite so proud of himself. So maybe he is growing up a bit?

TerryJ2

OMG!!!!! WOW! Congratulations! I like Star's idea, what goes best with-crow? Let's see, it's poultry, so I'd say white wine.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Calling Crow poultry is a wee stretch - but she is right!!!!! White wine would be the correct choice.