Eeeekkkkk!!!

klmno

My nerves seriously did not need to hear this. A guard or staff person or something at the exact place where difficult child is going has just gotten arrested for having sex with a juvenile inmate on more than one occassion. This was a male adult and female inmate, but still- if they caught this one it is hard to tell what has gone on that has not been caught. Supposedly, there are several other staff people that are going to be testifying at the trial as witnessess- that tells me that others knew about this going on - so why was it not stopped right away? And what else is going on that nobody is talking about?

(Please no one post where the place is if you hear about it.)

Last year, the nurse where difficult child was "doing time" was arrested for giving a handcuff key to an inmate- people suspect something was going on between them, too. (That was a female nurse and male inmate.) I know difficult child talks about somethings the male guards say to the male inmates and I've never made issue of it, but let's just say that I don't find these things kosher.

If somebody in there does something to my son, can I sue the socks off of state Department of Juvenile Justice?

DDD

In some states you can sue.........others, not. With all the school teachers seeking inappropriate relations, it makes sense that Department of Juvenile Justice would have their share of perverts too. Geez. DDD

klmno

I just dug out a little more info on this- this guy apparently was an administrator of the corrections portion and principal at the school- so it wasn't someone on the lower end of the ladder. It doesn't sit well with me, obviously. He must have just thought he was above the law. I hope they really nail it to him but I'd almost bet that he won't do one day in jail. This state just doesn't seem to follow what I think is common sense. They are spending more time worrying about people dancing at restaurants where alcohol is served and have live music, but no dance permit.

I heard, but can't verify, that the judge who was taking kickbacks to send juvies to detention will get a fine- no jail time. From everything I've seen in our county, there is no vaild accountability for those in the Department of Juvenile Justice system. But they'll take a kid away from home for the wrong reasons- like the mom who stopped her son's abilify after he whipped a knife on her while trialing it- which is exsactly what my son did. I took difficult child off the abilify too for becoming agitated the day before, but they didn't threaten to hold that against me. difficult child had a private psychiatrist who would have backed me up and he was kept on his other MS's. This other woman's kid is not getting a detention sentence, but will be taken from his mom.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The sad thing is...........these offenders believe they'll never get caught because their victims are "bad kids" and no one will believe them.

We had a children's home in the city where I grew up. (I think it's still there) I went to school with those kids.......the stories made your blood run cold. There were 2 big scandles while I was still living there. Both swept tidily under the rug. Conditions were supposed to have been improved with more monitoring going on......somehow, I doubt it.

And those kids weren't even considered "difficult children", just kids they couldn't find foster homes for. :(

Just keep your eyes and ears open.

Hugs

klmno

You know, the first time difficult child was in detention he was only 11yo and hadn't crossed the big "line" of puberty yet. He freaked when an older kid tried to hunch him and he told me. I called supervisors who told me- and I swear- "well, what do you expect- if these were good kids they wouldn't be in here". I was so P.I.*.*.E.D. I kept making phone calls and called the gal- who was the one that had difficult child held in there for 2 weeks until his court. Then at court, the gal acted like she couldn't stand the thought of difficult child being in there because this had happened- the judge let him come home.

I will talk to difficult child the next time I see him, but once he's transferred he's not allowed to have visitors or contact for 30 days. What should I tell him to do when it could be a higher up that normally, a kid would report things to? I wonder if they would let him call his defense attny or gal? And, if he told me something like that happened, what should I do that would ensure it got addressed instead of falling on deaf ears?

I don't want to be paranoid- but I'm not hiding in denial either. Obviously this stuff does happen- and it doesn't just happen with grown men and young girls. And when a kid is in a position like that and at a young age, whether they "think" they agree to it or not means nothing to me. It's wrong. Period.

in my humble opinion, when it's a kid involved, all detention does is teach the kid to get used to incarceration. It is not rehabilitative. It is about as effective of a punishment as suspending a difficult child from school. It makes things worse and decreases their chances of ever turning things around. It is a real shame how much time and energy is spent on worthless efforts in Department of Juvenile Justice.

They are showing something on tv right now about this judge who was sentencing first-time offenders getting sent away for long periods of time.

Last edited:

dreamer

at the moment my brain is tired & my phone only permits short posts......but........i wanted to send you lots of hugs. how scary & sad & maddening.