EEG......today?

lovelyboy

So kiddo is going for an EEG today.....he had one at 3 yr old, that was normal.
But what I want to know: How will they be able to pick up on any TLE or deep things when he is sitting relaxed and reading a book? I think he gets epilepsy when he gets so angry and has triggers?
So I am not very positive about the diagnostic value?

SocRocks

Is this being done by a pediatrician Neuro! because they know children the best rather than Neuro's for adults. My youngest son had one which was normal, but the pediatrician Neruo found it. Also is this just a quick one which only takes about 30 min-1 hour or a longer one?

lovelyboy

Yes the neuro wont be doing it himself, but its his practice....yes he specializes in kids....I will ask them who will be interpreting the EEG.....Yes, its only 30 min.

pajamas

Different situation & I think the technique is a bit different as well, but we were amazed by the accuracy of CeCe's quantitative EEG (aka brainmapping). Also a 30 minute session. We provided very little history, yet the results described her to a T. They picked up the ADHD, transitioning problems, mood instability, defiance, and even autism characteristics that I suspected, but which had never been diagnosed. The interpreter described her brain as "seriously damaged" probably from early childhood trauma - true, but not something we wrote down ahead of time.