EEG tomorrow and neuropsychologist scheduled

F

flutterbee

I have my EEG tomorrow at 7AM. Have I mentioned that I really don't like mornings? I don't expect any abnormal findings. I'm really not sure why he scheduled this other than to be thorough.

The neurologist's office is about 40 minutes away and easy child is insisting on taking me and then going into school late. I argued with him, but he's right. The last two days I've had pretty good memory issues...trouble remembering what I'm doing while I'm doing it. Or start talking and then hmmmm....can't remember what I was talking about mid-sentence. I'm really foggy when I first get up for a good couple hours so it's best that he drive. Plus, it will still be dark when I leave the house and driving at night is becoming harder for me. Have trouble judging depth.

I finally got the neuropsychologist evaluation scheduled today. We've been playing phone tag for a couple of weeks. From talking to him, I really like him. He's very kind and patient (thank God...LOL) and explained everything thoroughly. I'm familiar with the process, of course, after going through it with difficult child, but it's different as I will be the one receiving the testing. He's going to do 9 hours of testing split up over 4 days. I'll be done with that by the end of February. He was a bit long-winded and my attention span is shorter than that of a rodent lately (poor Mstng67chic's son...doesn't know what he started) so I didn't catch all of what he was saying. Kept catching myself humming in my head. :rofl:

Never boring here! hehehehe

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The MRI is a good idea, even if doctor is just double checking/ruling something out. And I'm glad you'll be getting the EEG out of the way in the morning. Although I'm not a morning person either. I hate it when they schedule me for stuff that early.

Probably a very good idea to have someone else drive you. Good for easy child for sticking to his guns. :smiles:

Sounds like you're on a roll as far as appointments go.

Hugs

meowbunny

Good luck! Hope you can get some definitive answers soon and some help. You know I'm in your corner and rooting for ya!

klmno

It sounds like answers are on the way! I agree with the others- good for easy child for driving you and keeping you company!

Hang in there- Come home and take a nap afterwards!

:sleeping:

mstang67chic

Going Green
He was a bit long-winded and my attention span is shorter than that of a rodent lately (poor Mstng67chic's son...doesn't know what he started) so I didn't catch all of what he was saying. Kept catching myself humming in my head. :rofl:

Never boring here! hehehehe

DOH!!! :ohmygod: I wouldn't DARE tell him either! Aside from having to explain to him about this site (NOT going to happen! LOL), his head would explode from the idea of "I'm so cool, I started a new catch phrase".

Good luck with all of the testing. And it's good that difficult child is driving you. Probably not a good idea to drive yourself with that rodent thing going on! Hope you get some answers!

Rattling beads for you. I am glad to hear that easy child is going to be your transportation. Nice of him to be a sweetie like that when mom needs him!

F

flutterbee

I had to reschedule. I went to bed and my stomach was just churning. It took me over an hour to go to sleep. When my alarm went off this morning I felt terrible. Stomach churning, hot then cold...definite fever. I rescheduled for 2/14.

As always, thank you for the support ladies. This whole process is necessary and gives me hope, but at the same time frustrating. I just want it done with.

Patience was never my strong suit.

nvts

Oh that sooo svcks! I wish it had been done already!

Valentine's Day?!! Man, it's like waiting for Spring (it's seriously cold around here - my KIDS are actually asking about the end of Winter and we still haven't had a snowfall yet!).

I'll try and be patient for you!

Beth

PS: Feel better!

:nurse: