Eeyore's IEP

JJJ

On my way to Eeyore's IEP meeting. I think it is going to be rough. Unlike previous rough IEP meetings, I think the school and I will be on the same side and it will be Eeyore making it rough.

JJJ

It wasn't as bad as I feared. Eeyore was in more of a depressed mood than a combative one.

I did bring up that if he is having trouble multiple times per day to the point that he is a frequent flyer in the social work & counseling offices that perhaps he needs a more therapuetic environment. The school agreed that they are becoming increasingly concerned. Eeyore does not want to go to the therapuetic placement. Both are in our town -- in fact one is closer than his regular school.

We decided that the school will do a functional behavior analysis and we would try to have more support provided at his current placement. I'm also hoping that the psychiatrist will adjust his medications...this depression and anxiety is debilitatiing.

The reality is that for a student at his level of Special Education, he is doing very well. He has Bs in his non-modified regular ed classes and because in his academics. He has only had three discipline incidents this year and all at the most minor level. The teachers like him and so do many students.

His reality is that he is a horrible student, on the verge of getting expelled and hated by everyone.

It makes me sad for him.

buddy

Sorry I'm late to the party. Sounds like you are getting what you asked for! What behaviors specifically are they looking at for the fba? Just wondering.....
It kills me that he thinks he is so messed up at.school. poor kid... Sooo glad he has you!