Either chuckle or scream to myself

mstang67chic

Going Green
So I'm sitting in court today. The very same courtroom I've been to NUMEROUS times with difficult child, same judge (who, by the way, handled difficult child's adoption as an attorney), same prosecutor, the whole bit. The only difference? No difficult child!!! Yay!!!! :jumphappy: I was there as a prospective juror. Come to think of it, I think that was only the second time I've ever been in that court room without difficult child......oops, nope. The other time was with difficult child but it was for his adoption. Anyhoo........it took forever to finally get a seated jury. I was one of the last 4 or 5 to be called up for questioning. The prosecutor comes to the podium, takes one look at me and says, "Obviously I know difficult child, is that going to be a problem for you?" I tell you, I about fell out of my chair. If I would have had a drink, it would have been snorted halfway across the room. I managed to keep from making any kind of rude noise and just said not at all. I did have to chuckle to myself though. Not only from the situation as a whole but also the because of the kind of sheepish look that passed between the prosecutor and I.

And yes, I got picked. (Thought for sure I would be excused because of difficult child but maybe the prosecutor thinks that will help my judgement. LOL)

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOU GO GIRL - EXERCISE THOSE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS -

(I pictured you snorting drinks across the great hall - ROFLMBO)

Hey for a Hoosier - YOU SO ROCK. :crazy1:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
How funny - when I went to jury duty last month, I was actually called as a potential juror. When I was sitting there listening to the judge explaining the whole legal system (45 minutes worth), I looked up and saw that the person who was going on trial, his public attorney was one Danny had had a few months before - Then I looked over at the Prosacutor who was staring holes in me - I recognized him as well.

Thankfully the trial was a 30 day one, and I only have 10 paid days for jury duty so I lucked out.

Marcie

susiestar

Roll With It
OBVIOUSLY they know that as a true WARRIOR MOM you can spot a lying witness at 50 yards, and have vastly superior judgement, thusly you belong on a jury. BUT they should pay you 10 times as much, just for your experience.

Hope it goes well, isn't traumatic, and justice is served (with some of that nice punch and those little heart shaped cookies).

Susie