Eldest is moving out

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I had surgery a few weeks ago, so my happy dance is sort of a one leg, two crutched hop

I can't believe a year has gone by already. The drug addict boyfriend and Wyatts dad is finally a chapter that has been closed and a new love life has bloomed (Jury is still out on this one). She has a really good job with lots of perks - company picnic this year is all expenses paid for her and the kids in Hawaii for a few days.

We went over last night to see the new apartment which is perfect for her and the boys in a locked and gated community which means it will be difficult for the X to be stalking her - a friend co signed the lease with her cause there were no takers at the Mac house. LOL She was able to save enough over the year so she has all new furniture. Finally on her own two feet and on her own. Doing a big phew/whew.

Am glad to get back to being on a normal grammy basis, which means they come and visit for a few hours and then go home. Wyatt is pretty much a full blown difficult child now, Mom is still thinking De Nile is a river in Africa, and as much as I love the little booger, I just don't have the patience or fortitude for daily life with a little difficult child - have enough with the big one that still lives here.

Marcie

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcie Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had surgery a few weeks ago, so my happy dance is sort of a one leg, two crutched hop

</div></div>

:rofl:
I am just picturing that!!

This is wonderful news. You must be so proud and happy. It is such a relief when they make these changes and start taking responsibility for their own lives.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I can't believe it's been a year either, Marcie. It's amazing that you are standing at all, after the stress you've been under lately. sheesh!

I'm sooooooooooooooooo glad that she is moving out. Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that she stays moved out and independent and gains the self esteem needed to continue to move forward.

I'm doing the happy dance for you, Marcie.

Hugs,
Suz :princess:

witzend

Woohoo! I remember you talking about this plan last January and how far-fetched it seemed. I'm glad that you stuck to your guns and let her get it for herself. I hope that she will stick to her guns and not let him back into her life!

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000099"> man, that is some company picnic!!!

sounds like she has a good plan in place. brava.

kris :princess: :smile: :princess:
</span> </span> </span>

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Marcie,it has been a long time since you had good news to report. You have had a heck of a year. I'm glad she is finding her own way.
Hope the surgery wasn't too involved. </span>