Electronic Grocery Store Coupon ??

DDD

husband uses newspaper coupons all the time and gets a kick out of it. I keep seeing the electronic coupon sites and am not sure how they work Do you register your email address and then they send the coupons to be downloaded?

I hate getting unwanted emails so I'm hesitant to provide my address to
"strangers" or "stranger companies". on the other hand, if you use this method would you give me a heads up?? DDD

mstang67chic

Going Green
I've never used them but I've seen various sites. I think some may do that but other's I'm pretty sure are set up so you can go on and pick what you want. I keep thinking I'll try one of them out so let me know how it goes.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hi DDD--

I'm big into couponing....but I don't care for the "E-coupons" myself.

Yes, you do have a register with the coupon sites, and then you usually choose the coupons you like and "load" them to a shoppers card for your grocery store. Kroger offers a card that can be loaded with E-Coupons....not sure which other stores participate.

At any rate, when you shop and you buy the item, the savings automatically gets deducted off your bill. Sometimes you can even use an E-Coupon and a paper coupon for the same item to save even more money. This is good...

The bad is, it is impossible to remember what coupons are "loaded" on your card....and whether the coupon is for one item, or whether you only get the savings when you buy two (as in save .35 on one canned soup, save .75 on two granola bars)...so you have to keep going back and logging in to the site to see what you have, what coupons have expired, which ones you didn't get credit for...

in my opinion--It's not worth the hassle....and the coupons are pretty much the same as you get in the Sunday paper.

Hope this helps...

--DaisyFace

Lothlorien

I think I've been using coupons.com and I can print all the coupons without any downloads or emails. They will ask you for an email, but it's not required. I've given them my email and I don't recall getting an excessive amount of emails from them. Maybe one or two.