Email to my Difficult Child

ksm

While Difficult Child is probably in her honeymoon phase, I do appreciate her making the effort to get along and go to school. So I sent her this text...

Xxxx, I hope you are having a decent day at school. I know we don't talk much as it seems to deteriorate sometimes. Even with all the drama, and hurt, and disagreements I want you to know that you are a very strong person. Everyday you walk in to that school and classes, some of which you know that people or teachers don't respond to you in a positive manner, yet you keep going back. That is strength. I wish there was a way to make the journey easier for you. Some times you pick the more difficult route. Other times you do or say something that makes things more difficult for you. I see you struggle and I want to tell you an easier way. Not because I don't think that you won't eventually figure it out, but to save you pain and frustration. Then my pain and frustration hurts you even more. I hope in the future you can think about what I say and realize that I am trying to steer you towards the path with less rocks, and bumps and even danger. Not every path is easy, and I hope, if you get to a place where going further is just too much, that you turn around and choose a different direction. I hope all this makes sense, and that you realize I want to do what I can to help you get to a level road that is heading in the direction you want to go.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Sometimes it is so much easier and it takes a load off of us just to put it out there and say what we need to say. Like you have done here.

I hope she will react in a good way. Regardless, she knows where her mom is coming from right now and you never know what kind of difference it make make.

You have said it. I hope it helped YOU. That is our primary concern here on this site.

Hugs!

ksm

I asked Difficult Child if she read my message to her, and she said she had and was going to talk to me later about it. She did say it almost made her cry...

KSMKSM

New Leaf

I asked Difficult Child if she read my message to her, and she said she had and was going to talk to me later about it. She did say it almost made her cry...

KSMKSM
Oh ksm that is lovely, every once in a while there are those little glimpses that keep us going.....