end of a long road.....sarah GRADUATES

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #003300"> thanks, everyone.

there were about 180 graduates. the keynote speaker was a man who graduated back in the 70's. he was always in trouble during his teens. when he spoke with-his HS GC she asked what he was planning for afer HS. he told her he was going to law school. she told him, "some things never change. you're still a liar." today he IS a lawyer.

ceremony started at 7:30 & was over by 9.....not bad lol.

i so wish more communities had access to schools like this. it's housed at the community college. you can attend from 16 until...... the kids are treated like college students (AKS adults). no calling mom, etc. you sink or swim on your own, BUT with-such a dedicated teaching staff. there is a huge waiting list of people who want to teach there. because it's an adult school teachers actually can express their opinions.....talk to kids the same way they would to college students....very different from the restrictions of a public school lol. the kids really respect these teachers & acknowledge their dedication. it's an amazing place really.

all that being said, i'm thrilled that this phase is done lol.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

kris,

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful success story!!! It is so nice to read this post just as I'm starting my day.

Way To Go difficult child!!! :bravo: Way To Go :warrior: Mom!!!

I'm going to keep this success story in the back of my mind when I'm feeling particularly frustrated and getting difficult children on track seems hopeless...

Enjoy this special time :bravo: :flower: :smile:...!!! WFEN :flower:

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #006600"> wishing, lucky for me sarah has never been a difficult child ~~~ except when it came to school.

i guess at least part of what i'm trying to say is that sometimes when it comes to education we have to think outside the box....even for PCs.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

DDD

I just saw this...sorry I'm late. Congratulations to Sarah and
your family. She's such a lovely girl (yes, guys, I got to meet
her about five years ago!) and now she is headed toward a career
that will help load of people. You have every right to be proud.
DDD