end of a long road.....sarah GRADUATES

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> TONIGHT!!

this young woman had a 1.2 GPA at the end of 10th grade. she's graduating with-a 3.8! in line for a full ride state scholarship....just has to finish her community service requirement.

i can't tell you how deeply proud of her i am.

two disastrous years in her regular HS.....one year of homeschooling with-two classes at her HS & one year at adult HS. she worked so hard these past two years to get where she is now. it was a long, tough battle, but she's come out on top.

not only that she's going to college to become an interpreter for the DEAF. how cool is that?

monday was her last day of classes. today is rehearsal & graduation at 7:30pm.

i am one proud , happy & relieved mama.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Wiped Out

Staff member
<span style="color: #000099">Way To Go Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo: You have every reason to be proud Kris-she sounds like an amazing young woman :princess: I always thought it would be so cool to be an interpreter for the deaf-what a great career she is choosing :smile:</span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Boy, I hear ya, Kris. There weren't two prouder (or more relieved) parents in the audience than exdh and me the night Rob graduated. What a grueling experience high school was for all of us. :whew:

So congratulations, Sarah. You go, girl!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Kris...enjoy every single second. :smile:

Suz :princess:

gottaloveem

Congratulations! I am sure the relief you feel is like no other. It was a long tough haul but she made it. I am happy for you and of course your daughter.

I wish her the best of luck as she persues her dreams.

:bravo: :whew: :smile: :thumb:

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>kris,congratulations to Sarah and to you. Our kids come with a bunch of baggage by the time they graduate. Both easy child's and difficult child's. No Leave It To Beaver kids around that I know of. She had a challenge and with your support overcame it. Finding different, non traditional way for kids to progress is the best a warrior mom can and should do.
I'm thrilled for her to move on to the next phase of her education. It's full of excitement and quite a bit of anxiety. Sending her many good wishes for a productive healthy college life. :bravo: :thumb: </span>

TerryJ2

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #FF9900">Congratulations,</span> <span style="color: #3366FF">Sarah</span>!!!!!!!!!! And many successful yrs ahead!</span>

:bravo:

tiredmommy

Congratulations to you & to Sarah. I'm sure you realize that she will have more than one cyber auntie there cheering as she crosses the stage. :bravo:

Way To Go Sarah!!! Way To Go Mom!!!! What an amazing accomplishment! You deserve to be ever so proud of your girl's turn around! Way To Go Sarah :bravo: for wanting to work with the deaf! Tell her that there are SO many other people that will be able to benefit from her goal as well. Speech delays, Autism, etc.

Congrats to you both!!! :smile:
Vickie

Nancy

Can you believe it kris? How proud you must be :bravo:. It seems like just yesterday that you were so worried and looking for other options to help her be successful. You found them kris and you should be proud of yourself. I still remember the report card and the changed grades in tenth grade and your deep concern about what was going to happen. Sarah's self esteem was at a low point at that time but now she is riding high and should be so proud of what she has been able to accomplish. She is a great example of why we can't let anyone give up on our children, not even themselves.

Congratulations sarah, and good luck in your future career.

Nancy

Abbey

Spork Queen
Kris,

That is absolutely wonderful and amazing. I'm so happy for you and your daughter. She should be proud of herself. Enjoy!!

Abbey

Ephchap

:bravo:Congratulations, Sarah ! :bravo:

That's awesome. You should be very proud, kris!

Hugs to you both,
Deb

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sending a huge CONGRATULATIONS to your family... what a nice thing to hear. you should be proud!!!