End of my rope...I want nothing more to do with him

The stealing thing......it's so disturbingly disrespectful! It's become normal in our house, and yours too. When difficult child comes to visit, he takes dvd's usually- they're always missing when he leaves, we don't even ask him, because he lies. Not long ago he took easy child's i-pod. husband said get it back here now, and he did. Nothing is ever sacred. That walking on eggshell feeling is the worst!!!! Tomorrow you'll feel better after you straighten out the tag issue, and your house will be yours again. One more day. Big hug.-Alyssa

witzend

So, do you mean just the little registration tag rather than the plate? Both are stolen here. The tags go on cars that can't pass DEQ, and the plates go on stolen cars. Look at your insurance card, and/or the registration papers and call it in stolen. Casually mention it to Cory as he is walking out the door to turn himself in tomorrow.

"That tag from your car went missing, and I called it in stolen just to be sure that some poor person isn't out there looking for their car and it can't be found because it's got your tag on it, and that's not what they are looking for."

If he wants to get his friend or whatever out of a jam, he'll have to do it from the prison phone and they will catch him. husband was on grand jury and one of the officers told how the guys in jail are so stupid when it comes to the phones, even though the sign right there says "All phone calls are recorded". There was a guy caught in a burglary. He was caught alone coming off of a roof. He was caught with all of the missing items in his possessions, because the alarm had gone off and the police responded. So, it's Friday night and he's arrested for breaking and entering, and possession of stolen goods. He can't get out until Monday. He calls his friend, whom he's been busted with before. He tells his friend,

"You have to go back. The "un-gay" is on the "oof-ray".

:rolleyes:

When he and his friend were arraigned on Monday for Armed Robbery, his attorney told him, "You know, the officers and detectives have all been to college. They can speak pig-latin."

:rofl:

Sorry for your troubles, Janet. Let Tony keep the shovel so he can just keep digging.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending hugs to help you get through this day. I hope Cory is leaving bright and early tomorrow and that you don't find anything else missing after he leaves.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I don't understand why your insurance would go up. You have disabled a car that you don't want insured, yet you're being charged more? It doesn't make sense.

We just took easy child off our policy and another car. Our insurance rates went to 1/3 or the cost.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Abbey - with that car on the insurance she gets a multiple car discount. The insurance for the car is so low that the discount covers MORE than the cost of ins for the disabled car. Maybe she can combine hte house insurance and the ohter car and get the same or a bigger discount.

She can keep the insurance by reporting the tag as stolen and getting a new one. It sounds like Cory took the entire license plate, so she would have to pay the cost to get a new one.

That is how it works here, anyway.

DammitJanet

I dont have house insurance with these people...only the two cars. I definitely dont have any kids insured on my insurance policy! No one has a license! I just gt the multi-car discount because I have the two cars. It wasnt that much of a problem before but now I have my new car insured for full coverage and the older car insured for just liability. If I drop that older car it makes my full coverage increase. Stupid I know. It probably also has something to do with the fact that then according to them that both of the insured drivers would be technically be listed as primary drivers on the one car instead of me, the disabled driver and I list that car as pleasure driving only.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We've never had to have a car licensed to insure it. Maybe your laws are different, but here, its not a problem at all.

Hugs, Janet. I'm late getting into this, but Cory done ticked me off, too....

TGI Monday...

witzend

Shari - Most states require a valid registration to insure a vehicle. In my state, you can't get the tag unless you have already passed DEQ. In fact, passing DEQ is part and parcel of the process of getting your tag, they send it all together in the mail.

Also, if you get stopped for any reason, you have to have current proof of insurance with you, or they will tow your car. So, tags are stolen sometimes, because people can't get older cars through DEQ, and you won't see the tag number from the street. Plates are stolen to put on other stolen cars.

I like the idea of slicing through the tag so that they can't be taken.