Entitlement to Heal

Copabanana

Thank you Cedar.

Ultimately a hopeful post. It is so interesting to me that we can recognize each other here virtually and in real life no.

COPA

New Leaf

I am thinking on this in reverse concept too, that as my children go through their lives and make horrible choices, suffer the consequences of them, my reaction is despair, anxiety and grief, in turn, because they suffer, am I feeling that I am not entitled to heal?

I know this is not the gist of your post, but reflecting on it in both perspectives here......
Thank you Cedar
leafy

Scent of Cedar *

I am thinking on this in reverse concept too, that as my children go through their lives and make horrible choices, suffer the consequences of them, my reaction is despair, anxiety and grief, in turn, because they suffer, am I feeling that I am not entitled to heal?

I know this is not the gist of your post, but reflecting on it in both perspectives here......

This is very true, Leafy.

We prevent our healing on many levels. Or maybe, it is like we get stuck in places we cannot think our ways through. Maybe, we believe ourselves to be cutting a bargain with God. Saying "Take me, instead." But the truth is that each of us is meant to heal and to be whole and to be strong, so we can make a difference for ourselves and for one another.

I think we are choosing to make that decision, every one of us here on Conduct Disorders. We are not so used to accepting what is.

But I am struggling too, like everyone.

Cedar