E's Senior Photos....

klmno

Ladies, if you have a link to my facebook I'll be posting the photos on there within the next couple of days- or at least that's my intent. I took the link off here to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

jal

klmno,

He is so very handsome! I know what you have gone through with him and as I see him, he looks like what my son might be in another 7 to 8 years. Brought tears to my eyes. I am glad he is doing well. A few bumps, but he's got drive.

DammitJanet

wow....not at all what I pictured him as...lol. I kept thinking of him as one who could look like the rest of our crew...lol. You would be surprised at how much some of our older boys look like they are related!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My fav is the one in the cap and gown holding the diploma...........call me sentimental, but that one says it all in a nutshell. difficult child made it! (and for many of our difficult children, this is a more monumental life moment than normal)

klmno

Thank you so much, Ladies! We all know we take our proud moments when we can get them.

DJ, E has never looked any "typical" mold and that has ALWAYS been the double-edged sword. He has just recently considered meeting Jamie, he says if Jamie likes football.....go figure. E has a lot of Cherokee Indian in him but he's his own breed...what can I say?

Step, your beautiful baby girl will someday be this age and I hope I'm around to give you kuddos on a job well done!

Lisa, funny but the photo in the gown was my least favorite because I thought E looked like HE FELT awkward in it, which was very typical for him and telling for me, but yes, I agree and understand the feeling of it being a much bigger accomplishment than the odds would predict. thank you for giving me a different perspective.

He's my baby, ya know?

jal, he does have drive....and when it's on a constructive path it's VERY good....when it's on a destructive path.... well.....

he doesn't look the part, does he? That's why it has been so hard to get people "in the system" to see my reality.....

He can do it- do something good and be a good person and a good Dad to his own child(ren) someday....

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Goodness, Carl White! Just read your profile about your daughter's PTSD. Maybe you should start your own thread, that feels huge. If your screen name is your real name I suggest that you change it in order to protect the innocent.

klmno

I really appreciate the compliments for my son and would like to extend a hand from the board to support you in your efforts with you loved one.... ThreeShadows offers the best suggestion...if you start your own thread in General or someplace else, maybe we can all get to know you and try to help.

crazymama30

K, Your son does not look the part, but neither does my son so I can appreicate the problems with those in the system. He looks so grown up, so mature.

svengandhi

What a handsome young man. I am partial to dimples and his is charming.

You are SO lucky. My difficult child refused to sit for senior pictures last year so I didn't even order a yearbook. He isn't in any year of the year book and wasn't in his middle school book either. On a "funny" note, the last picture of him at school was in 5th grade so every year they reissued that as his ID card. In 11th grade, the principal told him he wouldn't be allowed to sit for the SAT/ACT since he didn't resemble his ID photo anymore. He got a new ID card but refused to fill out the order forms.

easy child 16 has already announced that he will not sit for senior photos next year, but I might be able to guilt him into it.

Anyway, enjoy E's senior year and the best of luck to him and you in the future.

Can someone invite me? I have a new page, first and maiden name only, if anyone remembers. I'd love to see the pictures!

klmno

Thanks all!

S- E spent most of his HS years incarcerated in Department of Juvenile Justice so the 2 things I told him were that I wanted good senior photos and I want to see him walk up and get a diploma in a cap & gown and in a free, mainstream HS graduation....we talked about this before he was released last year. I don't even care so much about seeing him go thru the ceremony anymore as long as he's still getting the diploma, but hopefully, he'll go thru it. He'll have only 1 yearbook from HS and that's this year's. These are the only prof photos taken of him since he was 13 yo...there were no photos at all for about 3 1/2 years with the exception of one horrible polaroid photo taken of the 2 of us at Christmas visitation in Department of Juvenile Justice last year....parents had to pay Department of Juvenile Justice staff $10 to take them. I think it was missing out on all the normal typical teen stuff that motivated E to have these taken.

LMS_ It's funny but there are CD members that are my FB friends but I don't have a clue which FB friend is which CD member in many cases. LOL!