Esther, wondering how you're doing with the latest hubbub over there?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Esther, just wondering and worrying about how you and yours are fairing during this increased terrorists activity (the embassy thing) recently.

I hope you all stay safe. I know you're not where the actual attacks occurred, but still....... Makes me worry because you're really not that far from it either, so to speak. You're in my thoughts every time I see a news report.

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
No, not that I know of. I'm just being a nervous Nellie due to the darn embassy thing going on in the middle east and elsewhere.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Oh, thanks, Lisa! I haven't been watching the news and thought that something new had happened. I understand that a French Paper has published insulting cartoons. Their government is on alert, schools and public buildings will be closed tomorrow.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yes, I saw that too. As riled up as the extremist are at the moment........who knows what is next with them. I'm glad the French were wise enough to close things to help keep their people safe.

TerryJ2

I wonder if the cartoons were published to coincide with-that?

Anyyway, Esther, I assume you're all right ... if not upset and agitated by all this. Sending good vibes your way ...

Estherfromjerusalem

Lisa, I am really touched that you thought of me. Do you know, I am so busy in my life that although I do listen to the news and read the newspapers, I haven't really got time to dwell on it all. Of course in a way it reflects on Israel, but to be honest living here in Israel is like living in a haven of peace compared to what I see happening in the world. We are getting on with our lives, celebrating a load of festivals at the moment so we are all busy with making up menus and guest lists and shopping and cooking and baking (and washing bed linen and tablecloths etc. etc.). I am appalled at the cruelty going on in so many countries in the Middle East, and also in Europe. But I don't want to talk about all of that here on the board.

My difficult child has been in Australia for a year and seven months, which is ages, and I have to say that my life has improved out of all recognition. When people ask me about him, I have no shame, and I tell people that it is wonderful having him on the other side of the world! And believe it or not, his relationship with both me and my husband has improved enormously. We speak about once a week, usually on the phone (we have a special deal to a few specific countries on our cell phones), and also occasionally on Skype. He seems to be getting his life in some sort of order. He has regular work, is sharing a small house with another Israeli guy, has a wide circle of friends, and seems to be OK. But you never know, and I am always ready to hear the worst! He said he is staying there and we shouldn't have any illusions that he will come back to live here, but quite honestly I don't believe him and I'm sure one day he will come back home. I know he misses his siblings and his nieces and nephews. Last week he phoned up all his siblings (all seven of them!) to wish them a happy new year. We sent him a package for his birthday and for the New Year, and he was so happy with it all, and he told me several times over on the phone "I love you, Mom." Well honestly, i don't think I can ask for more than that! If I win the Lotto I will immediately buy a ticket and fly over to visit him. If not, I shall just have to wait until he decides to come at least for a visit.

I didn't intend to do an update, it just sort of came out by itself!! Anyway, thank you for asking. We are all fine here in Israel. I'm sure if anything happens you will all hear about it immediately, since Israel is a place that the media love to report about. Thanks, anyway, for being concerned.

Love, Esther

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Esther, I'm glad you're not letting it intrude on your celebrations! I hope you all have a very wonderful New Year. And I enjoyed the update. Good to hear that difficult child is doing so well. Sounds like he's made his way into adulthood. :)

Thank you for checking in. Makes me feel sooooo much better to know you all are doing so well. :)

Hugs