Esther....

mstang67chic

Going Green
are you all ok? I've been watching CNN and know there is fighting going on. I'm not sure where you are in relation but I wanted to make sure you and your family are ok. Please post when you can.

Estherfromjerusalem

Thank you so much for asking. First of all, it is all happening in the south. Jerusalem is in the center of the country, and the rockets that have been fired over the past few years from the Gaza Strip into Israel have not come anywhere near Jerusalem. However, one of my daughters lives further south, and although no rockets have landed near her, her area has now received instructions to prepare safe rooms in their homes and to be prepared to run for shelter when a warning siren is heard. But we hope it won't happen. All the rest of my family are not in any danger area, and two of my sons who do reserve duty have just done a stint so I hope they won't be called up. Another one may be called up, but I hope he won't be. Anyway, at the moment it is only the air force, and my sons are not in the air force.

However, the whole situation is very distressing. We pray for a situation when we can all live in peace. I would love to discuss the situation, but this isn't really the correct forum for that sort of discussion, and I wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of any other warrior moms. Because what keeps all of us together here on this board is the fact that we are all rooting for our difficult children, and when it comes to mothers and children, there are no politics and no wars that keep us apart, but only worry for our difficult children that binds us together as parents, and being there for each other and holding each other up when our children make our lives so difficult.

Thank you for asking, and for caring.

Love, Esther

meowbunny

Esther, so glad you are all in semi-safe zones. I pray that one day a resolution will be found that will satisfy all parties. Until then, know that you and Israel are in my prayers and thoughts nightly.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I have never understood what is behind the fighting at various "hot" spots around the world but I'm glad you are all ok. Hopefully your daughter and her family won't need their safe room (or anyone else for that matter) and I hope this is resolved soon.

Be safe and you know you always have friends to stay with. It may be a bit of a trip (lol) but the options are there! Hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
Esther,

I am so thankful that you are in a semi-safe area, and that your children are as safe as you can make them.

I have prayed for so long for a resolution to the fighting in the world, everywhere. I don't know all the politics, but I know that mothers everywhere are worried about their children during this kind of fighting.

AS was mentioned above, you have friends to come stay with if you want to or need to.

Hugs,

Susie

Estherfromjerusalem

Thank you all, my friends. I feel truly "hugged" by you. I wish I could come again to the States for another dream trip like I did, but unless I win the national lottery it will remain a once-in-a-lifetime thing. In the meantime, we are OK here. Jerusalem is not threatened in any way.

This evening was the last night of Hanukka. We had such a wonderful evening. I made potato latkes, small donuts, and apple fritters. One daughter came with her three children, my three unmarried sons were here (and one girlfriend), and suddenly my oldest granddaughter appeared (she's 20), having done her psychometric exam (for university placement) for which she has been studying for about three months most intensively, so her mother (my oldest daughter) suggested she come here for a few days just to have a complete change. We just had a lovely lovely evening, quiet and happy, playing dreidel games (that's a spinning top with instructions, played with fake money), and my husband gave the grandchildren a Hanukka quiz, and they won prizes and were very very happy! I have now washed up all the dishes and got rid of all the oily pots and frying pans. We lit five menorahs with eight candles in each (last night), and it was beautiful. All is now quiet. Granddaughter is watching TV, difficult child is only making small waves!!

OK my friends, thanks for thinking of us here.

Love, Esther

mstang67chic

Going Green
Sounds like a lovely holiday get together! Glad your grandaughter got some family time in after all that studying.

I'm not a very religious person but I would think that Christmas and/or Hanukka in Jerusalem would be a very beautiful thing. I'm glad you had family with you.

As for visiting....you are always welcome if you can make it. If not....I know there's a web cam at the Wailing Wall. Maybe we could set up a time that all of us could look at it and have you go there and wave! LOL

Wiped Out

Staff member
Coming in late to this, but want you to know I'm glad you are safe right now and hope you and yours will continue to be. Hugs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm coming in late too, Esther. I avoid the news. But Nichole was watching it and asked me how my friend who lives in Jerusalem is because of the fighting. She was worried. Nichole filled me in.

Betcha never thought someone's difficult child would be worrying over you, huh? lol ;) But Nichole has grown up with her board aunties.

I'm glad your celebration went well. Sounds like a wonderful time!

Know that you are in my prayers. And I pray that the differences can be settled and you all can know some sort of peace.

(((hugs)))

lovemysons

I am so relieved to hear you are not being directly effected by all the chaos of wartime where you are. Sounds like your holiday celebrations were wonderful.

You are always such a dear person and well loved here on the board and I am sure very loved by your family too.

Thinking of you,
Hugs and love,
Tammy

Abbey

Spork Queen
Glad you and your family are safe. I haven't watched the news, so don't really know what is going on.

What a wonderful celebration you had!!! Now pass me some potatoe latkes. I LOVE those things.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I said a prayer for you and your family. I knew you weren't in immediate danger by where you live but I still worry about people anyway. I don't think as long as I live I will understand fighting over things that don't and won't belong to you when you're dead anyway. Gosh I dunno do we thank Hagar for eons for that one? (ahem)

Anyway - I'm happy to hear that Hanukkah was a blessed time for your family. Doesn't sound like you are feeling badly either - is there good news about your health you are not telling? Are you STILL smoking?
lol

Hugs & Love
Shalom
Star ~of Bethlehem (oh go on puhlease)