Esther...

Estherfromjerusalem

How kind of you to have thought of me! Thank you.

Actually, one of my sons was here, just leaving, and we heard the "cruuuuunch" noise. We looked at each other and said, "That didn't sound good." He left, and I went out to my veranda and listened. Within less than a minute the air was filled with the noise of ambulances, more and more, and I knew for definite that it was a bomb that had exploded. I was plugged in to my radio (as I always am), and the news started coming in. Unbelievable -- it was my bus, the one that comes nearest to my home. It was one stop away from me, a very large stop, and since I am becoming lazy (!) I often change buses there and get that one which brings me closest to my home. Twice already this week I have waited at that very bus stop where the bomb went off. My husband volunteers with the ambulances on Wednesdays, but he said they had just taken someone t ohospital when it happened so they raced back, but by the time their ambulance got there there was no one left who needed being taken to hospital. Still, I have seen his picture on the BBC news!

Even difficult child phoned from Australia to see if we were OK!

Thanks for asking. Love, Esther

Star*

call 911........call 911
Esther -

This just makes me cringe.......I'm so afraid everytime I turn on CNN, and my thoughts are with you daily. Please know that you and your family are in my families thoughts and prayers. Shalom -

Estherfromjerusalem

Thank you, my friends. It is truly depressing. What can I say? We just pray and each time something happens, loads of phone calls are made as we all check up on each other. We also had a phone call from England, from a cousin who saw a picture of my husband on BBC1 news, so she phoned me! Yes, Shalom (Peace) is what we need badly.

Love, Esther

svengandhi

Years ago, we had an Israeli au pair and the bombings were very common. Her mother's bus was bombed and it took hours to find out that she had called in sick that day. I was so frightened for and with my baby sitter.

Shalom to you, Esther.

cubsgirl

I'm glad that you and your family are safe, but sorry that you and your nation have to go through this.

((hugs))

tiredmommy

I also thought of you today... so glad to come here and see that you've posted with you and yours well. {{{Hugs}}} and peace.

Estherfromjerusalem

It's quarter to four in the morning and I am having difficulty making myself go to bed. I suppose it's still all the excitement about today. It takes a while to calm down. I know, people tell me to cut off from the news, but I am sort of addicted to my little radio and I listen to the news all day long. I just talked to difficult child on Skype. He seems really OK. I am so happy that he has done this -- gone to the other side of the world and working, just because it is what he wants to do. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Let's hope it will be a good one. Thank you all for your concern, it makes me feel warm inside.

Love, Esther