Even when it's over, I don't think it's going to be over.

Californiablonde

This election has had me up in arms for the past year. I don't want this to be a political post. I know that's not allowed here. I just want to voice my frustrations over my so called Facebook "friends" who are deleting people left and right who don't vote for who they are voting for. They are literally dropping people like flies over disputing political views.

As for myself, I do not support either candidate for very good reasons. I have already stated that publically on Facebook. I couldn't help but respond when two of my friends claimed they are deleting whoever is voting for Trump. I am not voting for Trump, but I did have to tell my two friends that I would never delete anyone who disagrees with my political views.

I have die hard republicans on my page, and die hard democrats as well. I myself am an independent. I have a lot of my friends posting about political views and I don't agree with many of them. They are still my friends. I am more mature than to delete somebody and essentially disown them for disagreeing with me. I actually kind of like the fact that I have so many different people from so many walks of life who have differing views on various issues on my page.

The two friends who I spoke with about rethinking their view of deleting anybody who votes opposite of who they are voting for, ended up deleting me for speaking my mind. One of them I really couldn't care less about. Good riddance. The other one I honestly considered a very good friend of mine. I am hurt he would disown me for speaking my mind. I thought he was more mature than that.

I have no idea who is going to win this election. I have been waiting for months for it to be over. But even after today has gone, I am sure I will still have the same stubborn, obstinate friends insisting the polls were rigged if their candidate didn't win, and the big time complaining and carrying on about how much this country is gonna be screwed. I have never seen my friends so divided over an issue like this, and I don't like it. That's just my two cents.

Last edited:

Lil

It's been sickening, hasn't it? And it's been sickening on both sides! I'd love to say that one side or the other was nastier - and maybe I could - but for every anti-Trump meme I've seen there's been an anti-Clinton one. I've seen people compare both candidates to Hitler, Clinton called a Satanist and killer, Trump called a pervert and racist. And I've seen supporters of both accused of supporting rapists. It's disgusting.

I have never unfriended anyone, ever. I was unfriended once, by a woman who kept posting nonsense about Obamacare when it was first passed. I guess the last time I assured her that I had read the whole thing and no one was going to microchip her, she got offended. I don't care. I'd never met her in person anyway...she was the sister of a friend.

I have, however, "unfollowed" a few people in the last month, including family members, because I got SO SICK of the nasty memes I couldn't take anymore. In another week or so I'll follow them again. If tomorrow means the nastiness STOPS, I don't even care who the president is anymore.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, you can probably guess how I voted, but in actuality, I'm quite a bit farther to the left of that. I don't discuss politics if i can avoid, with the exception of a few folks.

I avoid the silliness on FB for the most part, especially as I deal with quite a few horsefolk who due to financial situations and ethnicity, are more inclined to lean far right.

I have blocked a few ranters and ravers. I have little to no patience for coarse and ignorant people, and unfortunately, no patience at all for those who claim to be religious but then twist the tenets of their religions to suit their desires.

This campaign has been a horror show. It's the first time in my life that I've been truly ashamed of a large portion of my country's populace.

People! We are better than this!

ksm

Religion and politics... Ugghhh... And it's worse when people mix the two! That God, or their pastors insist that people should vote a certain way...

Just crossing my fingers that we have a gracious winner and a gracious looser.

KSM

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
They shouldn't mix.

I dread the hate that follows...we are all here in this th ing called life together.

Breathe...we can be examples!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
It is really sad how divided our country has become. It's okay to disagree with people but you also need to respect their choice. Deleting people just because they don't align with their views is about as childish as it gets. I'm not a fan of either candidate but I did vote. Regardless of who wins I will pray for them that they will have the wisdom to do what is best for our country. I may not like who's in the oval office but I will respect their position.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Ah yes, religion and politics. From what I understand, some temple leaders have been telling their members that it is a "mortal sin" (I am using the Catholic term here because I am not sure of the term in other religions other than Judaism) to vote a certain way.

in my humble opinion, if a religious authority tells a congregation to vote a certain way as a religious obligation, that edifice and group should immediately lose tax-exempt status and all charters.

BusynMember

I dont do Facebook. Part of the reason is my kids really dont and I am not a social butterfly who has s gazillion friends or lots of family I dont see. I used to dislike both religious snd political posts from people and I got tired of the whole thing.

I am sure that people who do FB like it and have reasons for enjoying it, but I really dont care for the social media. I dont even know how to Tweet unless I am imitating a bird...lol.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't know how to use Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat, and while I can access the internet on my phone, I HATE doing it.

I love Facebook as it's gotten me in touch with friends from my high school days that I chat with regularly. I've made new friends, which is very hard for me in person.

Also, I communicate much more easily in writing. Face to face I'm rather inarticulate, mispronounce words, use the wrong word, and generally demonstrate that some speech therapy as a child would've been helpful.

BusynMember

GN, I understand. it serves a good purpose for many. I do still have an account I glance it once in a blue moon. Most of it is animal rescues and funny dog sites and higher self and spiritualism and meditations. If I want to talk to somebody I do best over the phone, the opposite of you. We are all different and thats cool.

I also don't do Instagram, Snap Chat etc. Have no idea how to do them.

Last edited:

Lil

Most of itis anal rescues and funny dog sites

I really hope you meant ANIMAL rescues.

Isn't autocorrect fun? :roflmao:

I actually ended up unfollowing a friend today on FB. Because I couldn't take her long, gloating posts about how her candidate is SOOOO much better and the world will be SOOOO much better. Then I put a status that said, "Will everyone just shut up and start posting funny cat videos again? I can't take much more!"

Californiablonde

I was right. Nothing but hatred today. I can't stand looking at my newsfeed. I wonder how long it will last, or if it will ever end. And apparently every single person I work with are Hillary supporters. There have been emails floating around today that everybody is shocked and saddened by the outcome. The majority of my students are Hispanic, and they are worried their parents will be deported. I hope we can move forward from this and accept who we got, and deal with it. Lord knows our country needs help now more than ever.

BusynMember

CB, hon, try not to read hate on both side. It is important for us to come together now and if some people don't know this that is their problem. Don't let it get to you. It should die down soon. I am reading about why Trump won and people on both sides want the best for our country. You already know this so you are away ahead of the game.

Stay sweet. Ignore hate. This will pass, I suspect quickly.

Hugs.

AppleCori

I'm just glad it's over!

I stayed up most of the night on Tuesday and watched it all, but mainly because we have had a flu-type virus going around here, and I was too stuffy to lay down. I couldn't stay asleep, because my mouth would close and I couldn't breath, and I would wake up.

I'm feeling somewhat better today, so I have a bit clearer head (but maybe not by much).

I didn't care for either of the candidates, but have friends and relatives who were big supporters of both, so I know the feeling. We had a family get-together on hubby's side which was ruined (in my opinion) by the constant talk of politics and the refusal to give any grace to the supporters of any candidate they didn't support (this was before we got to the final two.)

I just keep out of the discussions and don't get involved, for the most part. The only thing that really gets to me is when people unfairly call names and make assumptions of the other person's character because of their choice of candidate.

But at work, I would stay away from all political talk completely.

Lil

What is this nonsense of thousands of people protesting in the streets? Do they not realize they are protesting Democracy? We have a democratic system and an electoral votes. That's the way it is. Gore lost the election the same way as Clinton...did anyone protest then? No. Clinton and Obama both called for unity and peace and they are being ignored. These idiots are behaving exactly the way they expected Trump voters to behave. It's disgusting.

Californiablonde

There are major riots in the streets of LA about an hour away from where I live. Appalling. There is a video going viral on Facebook of an elderly man getting beat up by several people for voting for Trump. Appalling. Trashing your own neighborhood and beating people up to make a point. Disgusting.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I am very upset by the violence being perpetrated by some Dems as well. Peaceful protest fine. I'd be out there if our county sheriff wasn't a crazed nutjob who is encouraging violence by Republican Trump voters (he's black, by the way). I've been beaten up a few times, but I'm too old and gimpy for that sh!t, and I'd rather not get shot.

There seems to be a large number of Dems who didn't hear Michelle Obama's words when said, 'When they go low, we go high."

Meanwhile, minorities, LBGTQ, etc, are being terrorized by white CHILDREN in schools. And when did this start? on 11/9/16. The anniversary of Kristallnacht. (look it up)

Copabanana

The anniversary of Kristallnacht. (look it up)
That is chilling Going. That night I had nightmares of being routed from my home and transported. The kind of fear and hate that was triggered and mobilized in this election struck at the core for many of us.

There are many, many America-born people who identify themselves as immigrants/outsiders/the other, myself and my mother and grandparents, included. President-elect Trump was talking about us. I am the other to which he referred. I take seriously the danger.

You may recall M is undocumented. But he is unafraid. His attitude: Bring it on. Try it.

This is really a crisis point for this nation. Crisis or Opportunity will be decided by all of us together and each of us singly. For myself I will participate as I can in way, perhaps, in Bernie Sander's Our Revolution or one of the offshoots. From that view, if each of us to the extent we are able take some constructive action to put into place the kind of society we want for ourselves and for all of us together, this present situation can find some useful purpose.

Personally I hold Hillary Clinton and the democratic party as largely responsible. There were decisions made to disregard the discontent, the sense of estrangement and marginalization and the economic losses of working class whites, particularly in the rust belt where you live. At the same time, there was the assumption that these votes could be taken for granted.

I was appalled to learn that the Clinton campaign and democratic party manipulated the field to try to encourage the rise of candidates such as Trump, believing that he would be easier for her to beat. Imagine that. Putting the welfare of a country and a planet at risk for the sake of winning, with the aim of maximizing the chances of a flawed candidate. Does this not prove what Mr. Trump was saying, and justify the sense of betrayal and abandonment that seems to have in part fueled the votes of this large voting block that was to prove so decisive?

I hope I have not crossed the line to the political. I see this as analysis of our common situation.

Last edited: