Ever Have Someone Say Something And You Don't Quite Know What It Means?

AppleCori

So...

When I pulled into the parking lot this morning to take my daughter to ballet, the instructor (male) happened to be outside. The first thing he said was "I thought that was you, Cori. You seem like a truck person."

My first thought was...compliment.

Cause I AM a truck person.

I mean, I am short. I have to have a large vehicle to see over traffic.

And I like to be able to haul things.

Then I started thinking...Wait a minute, what does THAT mean?

Then I thought...I'm glad he didn't say mini-van person!

By then the conversation had moved on, and I never did get to ask, so....

What the heck did he mean?

And...what kinda vehicle person are you?

Are you driving your soul-vehicle-mate?

Lil

I am not driving my soul-mate vehicle. I drive an SUV. It's a perfectly nice SUV and has been paid for for five years...but,

From the moment I saw one in the late 1990's, I've wanted a Chrysler LeBaron Convertible.

I don't know why. They're fun, a little bit classy, and very "sturdy and serviceable". I think that fits me.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Hmmm, fun. I drive a small suv, out of convenience.

I'm not a a car person, but when my boys were small I always wanted to be the bad a__, that picked them up in a hummer.

Now, I think I'd be cute in a Jaguar...lol

Fun to think about!

KTMom91

I am definitely not driving my soul mate vehicle, though it is a nice little car.

But it is a sedan. I did not want four doors. I wanted a Pontiac Solstice. Or a Trans Am. Pontiacs are no more, so I have to think in a more expensive fashion.

One of those little two-seater BMWs. Bright red. Not a convertible because I will get sunburned. My vanity plates would look beautiful on there. And I will get a new license plate frame that says "Faster Than A Speeding Ticket" and hope that it is true.

donna723

I certainly hope that what I drive is not ME! I don't wanna be a 16 year old Kia! Not going to be making any cross country trips in it but ... it starts every time I turn the key, it stops when I put on the brakes, it stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter, it still gets 30 mpg. And the best part? It's PAID FOR!

Lil

It's PAID FOR!

Yep. I HATE having to buy a new car. Oh, I love driving it. I hate paying for it. My SUV has been paid off for 5 or 6 years, is 11 years old and has under 90,000 miles on it!

Considering how "frugal" I am, my spirit vehicle is probably not the convertible at all, but whatever is the cheapest thing around. Maybe a Yugo? :p

AppleCori

I hate having to buy a new car, too!

Hubby car has over 200k miles on it, so we know it won't last forever, and we have been looking around. We were going to buy hubs dad's very well maintained, very low mileage car because he decided to give up driving (he is almost 90) but then he got lasic (auto correct tried to put lascivious instead of lasic, glad I caught that!) so now he is going to keep driving for a couple more years.

We only pay cash for cars, so no loans, but I don't want to fork out the cash!

AppleCori

I saw a program, years ago. These people went around trying to find old Yugos. They bought a bunch for no more than $300 each. None running, though.

AppleCori

Back when my older kids were teens and I had a baby as well, I had a big black suburban. I really liked it, but grew tired of the constant repairs. My X still has it.

donna723

If I had a "spirit car" it would be one that I had when I was young. My first real car was a brand new yellow Mustang that was a huge part of my running around years. Soooo many memories in that car! When I married, my now ex and I had at various times an early 60's model bug eye Sprite that we'd use to cruise up and down Daytona Beach, then a '67 Camaro, and a gorgeous dark green metal flake Torino with a Cobra engine in it! I would give just about anything to have any of those cars back!

AppleCori

Lil, My neighbor has a Yugo sitting in the driveway. I don't think it has been driven in maaaaaaaaaaaaaany years. it just sits there looking a sad and Yugoslavian clown car.

It probably can't be driven. I don't think they make parts for them anymore, so it's probably hard to fix them.

susiestar

Roll With It
My first car was the station wagon I shared with my mom. She felt so bad for years that I had to drive such a 'mom mobile' until years later when she learned I was the only one who could drive around with a keg and never get stopped. All the kids in the vans who tried got stopped, but I never did, lol! It probably helped that I didn't drink (still hate beer) and that I sold beer so there was no one to report me.

We have paid for SUVs, but they are not my spirit car. I had a Volvo that I ADORED and I would LOVE another one. SOO easy to drive, heated seats, and NOTHING could hurt it. It was used but still was nicer than my various' bosses cars, was easy to clean and to get to the various engine parts when I needed to do maintenance or repairs. My parents did NOT like it until I was taking my mom to the airport in an ice storm and slid into a guardrail. Not even a dent in the car, though the rail dented. After that, my parents loved the car, esp as I was rear ended three times in it (never my fault - Cincinnati drivers tend to think they are Indy 500 worthy when htey are NOT) and was fine and my car undented each time.

But I do not really otherwise have a spirit car. My dad has wanted to get a little sports car for my mom for about 20 years. The first time she could have, she bought a van. The next time, she got an SUV. She wants nothing to do with a sports car because you cannot put anything in it, lol!