Every felt like you just wanted to collapse?

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm serious. Not just mentally, but physically.

I worked my demo job yesterday then immediatly went to a DJ job that went to 10am today. Fourty-five minute drive home...I'm ready to flipping crash.

Now, try that when you have a husband who is playing guitar at 2000 decibles, easy child son who has four friends over playing WII, and 3 parrots.

My legs shake when I stand right now. I WANT SOME PEACE!!!

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey can you fill up the tub, take a portable cd player in there (keep it away from the tub) and let yourself soak in peace for a good long while?? I'm thinking this might help both the mental and physical exhaustion.

(((hugs)))

I'm right there with ya. Trying to study and I've got Nichole and Travis watching a movie and arguing. The baby is attempting to feed the dogs running around with hands of dog food following them everywhere. She just helped me clean up all the water she dumped trying to bring them their water. lol (wasn't funny in the moment) This after her climbing all over me while I'm trying to focus.

I finally just gave up, and here I am. I think I'll be taking my own advice here very shortly.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Many, many days! Some days my eyes burn so much at the end of the day and I can barely keep them open.

I like Lisa's suggestions. I hope both of you get some peace soon. Hugs.

KateM

Ouch! I work the night shift and then drive my son to his school which is a 2 hour round trip -- and that takes it right out of me! But at least then I come home to a quiet house and can catch some ZZZs for a few hours!

Hope you get your peace and rest! ( Good suggestions, Daisy!)

DammitJanet

Oh girl I feel like that on a daily basis but I have reason for it...lol. I rx that hot bath and ear plugs. Oh and lots of alone time.

N

Nomad

Yes...often I get a migraine when I push too hard. It certainly can lead to depression. Please make sure you find a moment to relax. No shame in putting the oxygen mask on yourself, etc. ....

KTMom91

The answer is yes. Definitely yes. Find the heavy duty earplugs, run a nice hot bubbly bath, and try to relax. Sending many hugs.

witzend

This is why God invented ear plugs and sleep masks. Take a nice warm bath and relax. Tell the kids to keep it down! They can take care of themselves for a couple of hours while you de-stress!

TerryJ2

Ohhh, Abbey! I am so sorry. I hope everything calmed down. Can you have certain times that the guitar is used? And have the kids move to only one part of the house? I don't know what to say about the parrots.
I think earplugs are a good idea. Sigh.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey,

It might be time to find a clinic and get some blood work done. The shaking isn't normal. To me, it sounds like you are suffering from exhaustion. Most people think that means you get up and run non stop with no help and each of us has our breaking point.

If you don't find yours and get some relief YOUR breaking point will find you.

Any time a body shakes it's the bodys way of trying to protect itself. Like if you had hypothermia - shaking is an involuntary muscle movement to try an keep the body heated. Same thing with stress - it's what happened to me before I had a black out and stroke. And by no means am I saying you're going to have a stroke or a heart attack. What I am saying is your body is talking and you need to find a way to help it.

It's almost a knee-jerk reaction when we complete a job to GO HOME. As if it is a refuse from the rest of the world. Sometimes it's the last place we should go. If you have a girlfriend that has a room for you - go there, have a shower, a healthy snack, drink plenty of water and rest. IN PEACE before you end up RIP. Know what I mean??

Hugs
Star

Abbey

Spork Queen
I went to bed at 7:45 last night...and just got up at 7:30 in the morning. I feel somewhat human again.

I just had a couple of LOOOONG work days that went back to back. Usually I can take one without a problem. But, I was working the demo job...run home, shower, get dressed up, then DJ all night. And, the parties lately have literally been ALL night and well into the morning. Then run home, get demo suit on, then go to work. I was lucky to get a few hours sleep in.

Sometimes where I DJ they offer me a chair, which I usually refuse. I refused it yesterday because I thought if I sat down, I'd never get back up. ;)

I'm going to do the bath thing before work today. I've got some Raspberry Bath Salt that I've never used. Sounds enticing.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know........

I was thinking about that raspberry salt in the tub thing -

And life has been a tad hectic here too -

But I still haven't figured out how to salt the rim so that I can soak in a tub full of tequila. What do you do wet the top of the tub and then THROW the raspberry salt at the wet parts and it sticks?

Sounds enticing indeed - I'd love to be entirely pickled.

Abbey

Spork Queen
You know........

I was thinking about that raspberry salt in the tub thing -

And life has been a tad hectic here too -

But I still haven't figured out how to salt the rim so that I can soak in a tub full of tequila. What do you do wet the top of the tub and then THROW the raspberry salt at the wet parts and it sticks?

Sounds enticing indeed - I'd love to be entirely pickled.

Thanks, Star, for my first laughter of the day. It's one minute since I typed that first sentence and I'm still laughing at the visual.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I would imagine if your tub was full of Quervo you wouldn't mind being called a tub licker :sheepish:

Instead of lick, salt, bite, drink -

wet, throw, lick, (although licking a tub isnt' in my nature), dunk.

Abbey

Spork Queen
My problem is my current tub is rather large. By the time I liked the rim...well, I'd never make it out alive. I'd probably die from sodium intoxication before I ever got to the Tequila. Bummer.

Abbey

Estherfromjerusalem

You are both very funny and my imagination is working overtime.

Abbey, I don't want to be a spoilsport, but yes, please do have some tests. I know that you are a smoker. I was like you, running around (and still am to a great extent) until suddenly my heart started playing up. I know you keep on mentioning that you haven't got health insurance, but surely there must be someone way of having your heart checked.

Don't be cross with me. I know I am older than you, but we are none of us getting any younger and I would ask you to please look after yourself -- we all need you more than you can imagine.

Love, Esther

Abbey

Spork Queen
I can see how tired I was when I misspell. Pet peeve of mine. I don't want to 'like' my tub (actually I do), but I meant to say LICK my tub. I can say to this day, I've never LICKED my tub. Thank you.

Also corrected my title.

Ok...I'm a bit fussy about stupid stuff.

Yes, I know I need to just to a top to bottom check. I've got four months to go for insurance. Then, I'll do it.

Didn't get my bath as I was busy washing crystal and boxing what I can. Now I'm off to sell Ensure. That should be fun.

Abbey