Every joint in my body

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
is killing me. I'm stiff, I ache, I'm tired, listeless, detached and just blech.

My joints are usually a little stiff in the morning, but this is nuts. All night Sat and all day yesterday and now today, all my joints ache, a serious deep ache and they are so stiff. Mostly my neck, back, and knees, but a little bit of my elbows, hips, ankles and wrists.

I know I have lamented about my monthly visitor before and she just arrived yesterday - do you think there is a connection by any chance? I am in perimeno and my gyno gave me Ponstel to help with pain and flow, but my regular DR said to not take the prescribed dose because at my age (I hate when they say that), which is ONLY 45, it could be a dangerous risk for stroke. So, of course, I take next to nothing now because I'm paranoid of having a stroke...not that I can understand why she would think I am a candidate for stroke, but why not be cautious, right?

So, I have all this joint pain, my insides feel like they are coming loose, and I am TIRED. Also, I stopped taking the wellbutrin because all I have is 300 mg and it makes me extremely edgy and in fact, I think it makes me even more depressed, bordering on morose. The 150mg was good but then I kind of hit a plateau, so that why the gyno bumped me up to 300, plus she was trying to help me with my once a month "mean, cranky, b!!ch" stuff - didn't work.

I don't really know what I expect writing this, except maybe for some positive healing thoughts for the day. I have a physical set up for Feb 6th or 8th or something, so I hesitate to call in early. Maybe I should.

Thanks.

ps: Also, I have come to the realization that difficult child will likely be getting kicked out this coming weekend. She's complying with nothing and it's gone downhill since she returned from her dad's place. I see no alternatives at this point. H is hesitant to kick her out because he knows she will end up up at her loser boyfriend's house and then will feel trapped and settle into a dangerous situation, probably become a big pothead and get knocked up. I don't want those things either, but her phantom behavior at the moment and feeling used and being treated as if we're the devil has really worn me down. I can't seem to get h to understand what this has been doing to me. If she can't get her act together than I really want her out. She's out most of the time anyway.

Jo,

I wish I had some information that might be able to help you. I honestly don't think your monthly visitor would cause joint pain - then again, you never know... I'm glad you have a physical soon. If you start feeling even worse, I think you should see if you can get an appointment sooner.

As I'm typing, a thought just popped into my mind - Have you ever been tested for Lyme Disease? I hope this isn't what you have, and I'm definitely not a doctor, but I know I've read that joint pain and being extremely tired can be symptoms of Lyme Disease. Also, my easy child took swimming lessons a few years back and I became friendly with one of the other moms waiting for her daughter at the pool. She had Lyme Disease and had problems with her joints and being unusually tired most of the time. Also, I think Lyme Disease can cause mood problems. When you see your doctor, I think it might be good to be tested for it

Try to get some extra rest, drink lots of fluids, and eat healthy. Sending healing thoughts your way...WFEN

P.S. I know you've done everything you possibly can to help your difficult child. The love you have for her shines through your posts. DO NOT feel guilty about having her move out of your house. She is an adult now and has to make her own decisions. If she falls flat on her face, it is NOT your fault!!! Keep thinking DETACHMENT...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Jo

I can't say for sure about the perimeno, but I know that mine for a very long time became much more painful and uncomfortable for my whole body. Sort of made me feel like I was catching a nasty case of the flu each month. In fact I actually did think I was catching the flu a few times til I made the connection. Felt bad enough it sent me to bed.

I haven't had my visitor since July. I'm only 43. Let me tell you, I don't miss it. And I've noticed alot of the menopausal symptoms are going away too. Wonder if this means I won't be seeing my visitor again??

Hugs

DammitJanet

Im sorry you feel this way. How long have you felt like you have been run over by a mack truck? Could it be the flu or a rather healthy dose of situational depression?

You just described how I feel most of the time with fibro but right now I also have the flu on top of it and I think Im dying...lol. All my joints already hurt but now they ache so badly I was moaning in pain all night even with doses of pain medications every 4 hours last night. Needless to say I will be hitting the doctor sometime today. I also think Im in menopause because I am having horrible night sweats. (I really cant tell from a period because I had a hyster in 2004)

If this continues for you get in to see a doctor. Either your family doctor, a rheumy or a psychiatrist. There are other AD's you can take besides wellbutrin if that one makes you jittery. I have also seen a commercial for something called Yaz that is a birth control pill that is supposed to help moodiness and what all but I dont know if that would be appropriate. There is a fairly new AD that begins with a C but my brain is mush this morning that helps with pain.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Janet, I think you're thinking of Cymbalta? I am going to ask my DR today if she can call in a replacement for the Wellbutrin. I think my depression may be related to difficult child, perimeno, and simple winter blues. As for the achiness, I really have no clue. I think last week when I posted about the Reynauds suspicion, someone mentioned something about that being related to rheumatoid athritis, which scares the heck out of me.

Lisa, I personally think we should have a switch we can turn off when we're done making babies. I see no reason why we have to deal with this junk anymore past that. I wish mine would go away for good. My mom was done with hers at 45-ish and my two oldest sisters (52 and 62) have both been done with theirs for a few years. My next older sister at 49 still gets her intermittently. I hate it.

WFEN, my Dr plans on running all my blood anyway next Friday so unless I see her before then, I will have her add that to the list. Thanks for mentioning it, I was thinking it also.

On top of the other things I listed, I've had nausea too and I cry just thinking. Nothing sets it off, I just spontaneously cry.

Thanks ladies.

DammitJanet

Cymbalta! Thats it...lol. I have no memory anymore. Lots of docs are using that for people with depression and pain issues.

As far as the rheumatoid arthritis, I will tell you what my doctor told me. Since you are darned close to my age (45 and Im just 46), unless you have had these issues for years and years I doubt its RA. That normally shows itself in much younger people. Now you can have other rheumatoid issues...connective tissue issues, OA, autoimmune disorders. I would think RA would have thought RA would have been caught much earlier.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I hope you can find something that helps. I know I feel a lot of physical pain in my bad joints when things get really stressful, so maybe the Cymbalta will help it. Here's to hoping!

My joints are achy whenever there is a weather change.

In Chicago, that is every 10 minutes.

Jo, if any of this is stress related, I think you will find things way less stressful when difficult child is gone. I clapped when I read that. She has been taking you for a ride for too long.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I cannot believe it! My Dr's office said that the DR can't change my medications over the phone and needed to see me. So I said okay and then she said the earliest she could squeeze me in is NEXT MONDAY, WED, or THUR?? I reminded her I already had a well visit for next Friday so she said, "Oh, okay so what I will do is call you if there is anything cancelled. Can you hang in there until then?" I was speechless for a moment and managed to mumble out, "I have no idea, I guess we'll see, won't we?" which in my opinion kinda sorta screams and means "Uh, no not really". But she said okay and hung up!

I'm going to cut the wellbutrin 300mg tabs in half and start taking them. in my opinion, its better than nothing and certainly better than walking around crying in my soup all day and night.

I switched to this DR because she always had an opening for emergencies and whatnot. I like her and she's very good, and always available and always made time to sit and listen. BUt I've noticed the past couple of times I've been in her office that she seems rushed and it's hard to get on the schedule. Maybe it's time for a new DR. Sheesh!:biting:

SRL

I frequently get achy with colds as well as the flu. What seems to be the same cold can pass through the family and I'm the only one who gets body aches with it.

I agree that it might be a good idea to request a blood test for Lyme Disease. Recognition is improving but it doesn't even click in the radar of many docs still.

busywend

Jo, do something to pamper yourself until you can get to the doctors. You know you are off so lay low and take care of #1.

HUGS!

Josie

If you're going to get a blood test for Lyme Disease, you should know that many Lyme patients believe the regular Lyme tests likely to be ordered by your doctor have a high rate of false negatives. If you get a negative result and you are concerned about Lyme, there are specialty labs that test only for Lyme. I used IGeneX. I ordered it from them and took it to the doctor for him to order. I think the basic test is $190 that can be submitted to insurance but has to be paid out of pocket. My daughter's regular test was negative but her IGeneX test was positive. If you get a positive on the regular Lyme test, you know you have it but if it is negative, you might consider a different test or a visit to a Lyme doctor.

Is Wellbutrin a drug you have to wean off? Could that be part of this?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am sorry you are feeling like this!!! My girlfriend has Epstein-Barr Virus and for her it never went away... she would have flare ups and it would hit her and she has lived with this for years... I am not sure what medications she takes. But it is very painful much like what you are describing.
I also have another friend that has Lymes Disease... Same kind of thing. She did not realize it for a few years. She also had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis... made it worse. She got tested late and is is now fighting flare ups all of the time.
I don't know what you are experiencing but it can't hurt to push for answers! Know what I mean?.
My girlfriend with Epstein-Barr, they told her Oh it goes away... well it didn't.

The experts do not always have the answers...
I hope it is just a flu and you feel better soon!!!

DammitJanet

Try a bath in epsom salts, hydrogen peroxide and really hot water. Stay in the bath for 20 mins and then get out and wrap up good. Get right in bed. Its 2 cups epsom salts, one large bottle of peroxide and a filled tub of hot water.

Hot as you can stand.

This will make you pretty weak and depleted when you get out so make sure you are ready to lay down right after the bath but you should feel some better.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Beginning Day #3:

The extreme joint pain is better, now I feel slow & creaky but it's not as painful. Janet, I am taking that bath this morning, thanks.

I took the day off work so I can take care of this. I'm also going to make a call to my old DR and see what his caseload is. He moved out of the old practice so he may actually have openings. I'm also going to call my current DR and ask her SIMPLY, "Can I cut the WellbutrinXL 300mg tab in half or NOT?" I don't understand why she could have just told me either way. And the more I thought about it last night I thought how ridiculous is it for a DR not to have any openings for a WEEK? I should have demanded to be seen, but you know, I'm not usually demanding like that for myself, only for others...I can advocate great when it comes to everyone else, but for some reason, when it comes to *me* I don't like to appear pushy! Hahaha - how insane is that??

FOP, I will be sure to ask my DR about that special Lyme test.

I slept last night, but it was late coming and not long enough. For some stupid reason, I chose not to take my xanax last night..I should have.

H and I also talked at dinnertime and I told him everything about what's going on and how I feel about the difficult child stuff as well. I could see he was stunned when I said I was done and that I didn't really care if difficult child moved out. It was okay with me - I can't take the strain anymore. He had that deer caught in the headlights look on his face, and part of me felt like a bad mother, but I can't help how I feel. She either has to shape up or go. H is going to talk with her this evening as I will be out at a women's meeting I have (if I'm up to it). She's all his now. I can't even be in the house when they talk because I know I will pipe in and I don't even want to be a part of it. Anyway, already, knowing that he's going to talk with her makes me feel better and I feel like a small load has been lifted.

Thank you for all the support and suggestions.

Star*

call 911........call 911
JO

This is your invisible webMD talking - The Raynauds is a sign of things to come - go get a check up.

Go get a check up NOW.

I feel like you do from time to time - the joint ache is also a sign of a lot of other disorders - write it down - take it with you to the DOCTOR -

Goooooooo JO.....Gooooooo Jo

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
What do you know about "Joint Juice"? I have reached menopause and many of your symptoms seem hormonal related, but lyme disease did pop into my head as I was reading your post. I have been having hip "ache" when I try to do my walking, but kind of attribute it to getting older.....I saw this advertisment for Joint Juice (which I'm sure is heavy glucosimine) and wondered if it might be worth a try. Tell me what you think?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Joint Juice - I've heard of it. I have been doing my own juicing at home and now I'm going to try and find one for joint health. Thanks for asking this because I can't figure out why I didn't think of it!

Incidentally, I've been reading about the combination of juicing and body cleanses, which is what I'm kinda sorta doing and one of the side effects of a body cleanse is joint pains and aches similar to the flu. As your body is being cleansed, the toxins that lay dormant have been released and it takes a lot of water to flush them out of your body. So, that combined with my every day stress, the hideous PMS and the cleansing, and I think I may have pinpointed it.

I am going to the health food store today, I wonder if the joint juice is there? I'm going to look see. Thanks!

F

flutterbee

Jo -

I'm with Star. The severe cold hands and feet with the joint pain and fatigue has me worried. Make sure the doctor is VERY thorough.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jo -

I'm with Star. The severe cold hands and feet with the joint pain and fatigue has me worried. Make sure the doctor is VERY thorough.

Thank you, I have been making a list of symptoms and questions to bring with me when I finally get in to see her.

I spoke with the pharmacist and she said that since Wellbutrin is the XL, time released, I can't split the pills (they are 300mg and I need 150mg). So, I called my DR (again) and told her she NEEDS to give me at least the wellbutrinXL 150mg until I get in to see her next week. She finally said okay. Jeesh. At least this will help stabilize my depression until I see her as I'm certain all the medications are not completely out of my body yet.

As for the aches/stiff joints (and cold extremeties), I continue to take advil and hot baths. And we shall see.