***Everybody seems so down these days...***

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I don't know if it's the seemingly endless winter or what, but everyone seems so down these days here in PE. I've been trying to think of something that might cheer us up and the only thing I can think of is to share one of my Chloe puppy stories.

Honestly, bringing (now 9.5 pounds) Chloe home has just brought a smile to everyone's face when they see her. Cranky neighbors' faces light up, Sweet Chelsea adores her, and even Miss Molly growls at her one minute then whines when Chloe goes off to play with Chelsea instead and ignores Molly. It is just too cute.

But I digress..........this is my story....

....two weekends ago baby Chloe came in the house from the backyard with poop on the top of her head :smile:. I had no idea how she had done that (!) but cleaned her up and shampooed her head and she was set to go.

An hour later I let her out and she came in again with poop on top of her head :hammer:. So I cleaned and shampooed her again!

The next time I let her out I stood at the door to watch what the heck she was doing.

Well....poor sweet Chelsea had tummy troubles that morning and kept having diarrhea. Chloe, in her infinite puppy curiosity, was like a little duck who had imprinted on her Mom and was following Chelsea all around the back yard with her nose practically up Chelsea's backside.......so.....yes, you guessed it......Chloe is curious and Chelsea squatted and Chloe got pooped on! Twice!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Of course I was yelling like a banshee for her to move her head.

....and just this morning she was following Molly around the back yard...

I hope this made you smile and that you have a funny story or happy memory to share with the rest of us...... :flower:

Suz

dreamer

UG, LOL- on one hand I am LOL so hard, on the other, I am currently not real happpy with my doggie cuz he got poop stuck on him and smeared it all over oldest kids bed and mine before we caught it. YUK! LOL.

Meanwhile our 3 little kittens are becoming quite active and curious and are now ALL OVER and into EVERYTHING! Well, "I" am loving the burst of energy in our house the kittens brought with them, but husband is NOT and the kids? LOL- they go back and forth.depending on just exactly what the kittens have gotten into in the last 10 minutes. LOL.

Sunlight

ok...so everyone knows I am a spartan person. I am off work once a week and that day things go into a goodwill bag I drop off, and a fire is in the backyard to burn...well whatever I need to get rid of.

my son Nick is a notorious saver (read that pack rat) of every thing....every dang thing. he sleeps days and while he sleeps I am busy tossing stuff from the basement. this guy has so much stuff he never misses stuff being disposed of from years back. it is going to take me a while! he has half of my two car garage piled up!! so last wednesday, I decided to get rid of a big unsightly homemade three tier wooden shelf. I hauled it out and lit it. that dang thing would not burn. I did not want to add gas and have a noisy explosion, and it was sturdier than it looked. frantically~~ while he slept~~ I kept going out and burning boxes around it, paper, whatever sticks I could find in the yard. as the day went on it only burned down one shelf.

my big hope was that nightfall would come before he awoke for his late shift. that way he would not see it out there and I would have one other day to try to burn it. now I could not move it because it was charred.

so, nightfall came. boyfriend came for dinner. Nick woke up. boyfriend said in front of Nick...I see you are burning that old shelf!!!

my eyes bugged out to their limits! I was mouthing to boyfriend...NO NO NO SHHHHH!!

too late. Nick turned on the outdoor floodlights. he said "hey you are burning my stuff!!"

I kept quiet. I think there was smoke coming from Nick's ears.

so...it has lain there a week. today I went out four or five times and it is finally down to a pile of ash. I also burned two boxes of old papers from grade school some old mags and the like to get it burning.

rejectedmom

I am enjoying my new kitten's antics also. I told my husband that I haven't laughed this much in a very long time. She attacks my feet and practices her pouncing on my bed until I have to lock her up so I can get some sleep. When I watch TV she sits on my shoulder and nibbles my ear. She is in constant motion when awake and her acrobatics are worthy of Circus Sole. Doing summersaults and high jumps and walking on her hind legs. She is very precocious and the other day her curiosity got the better of her. She must have fallen into the toilet bowl. My son found her soaking wet and curled up on my pillow. He came downstairs and told me that he thought she had peed on my bed. When husband investigated the toilet seat was wet as was kitty's rear legs and of course my pillow. -RM

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kitties or puppies, there is just nothing quite like the exuberant JOY of their sweet young souls, is there? Thanks for sharing your stories, Dreamer and RM. I never tire of animal stories.

Abbey, you've had a rough few months...I'm so glad you smiled. :flower:

Janet, pretty funny about boyfriend inadvertently busting you. I can imagine your "look". lol

Suz

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ant'smom...that is too darn funny. I'm visualizing you trying to burn that darn thing. You understand...most of us would have gone to Goodwill. :wink:

I am NOT a saver. If I haven't used it in a few months, it's gone. husband... :hammer:

When I met husband he lived in a single-wide trailer. The first time I went to his place I nearly keeled over. (Maybe that should have been a HUGE hint!) I counted 51 boxes, big ones mind you, of crap laying all over. You couldn't walk down that skinny hallway without stepping/leaping over them. What was in 51 boxes? Junk mail. Honestly. He had kept every piece of junk mail for YEARS. I won't even comment on the kitchen. :smile:

When we decided to move in together, I told him the boxes could not come along. I don't think I've ever seen him so pained. It was like losing a life time friend.

Fourteen years later, he's somewhat come along. No more junk mail. Now...if I can get him to finish the entertainment center that he started 6 years ago, that would be good. Of course he HAD to build one as it would save so much money. $800 in lumber, unknown number of dollars in tools...6 years later...yeah. It now serves as storage in our garage.

Abbey

Sunlight

abbey:
Honestly I have given a bag of clothes to goodwill, salvation army or the st vincent de paul box all my married life! I do it every wednesday. every one! you would think I would run out of stuff by now. thing is my three sisters trade around clothes and what nots. they end up here for some reason. then there is keeping nick's collection down...ant's in and outs. the shelf unit was beyond what even the goodwill would want and the dang thing was so heavy...I do not have a truck to haul it and had to drag it to the burnpile.

I am not kidding, nick has moved out three times and back again. he has accumulated a washer, dryer, beer meister, small refrig, a futon, a couch-huge one, a big coffee table, household stuff and not to mention bags and boxes of stuff from cars he sold or traded, fishing gear, oh yeah, a king sized bed is down there including box springs and mattress, humm 4 or 5 coolers, several guitars and musical stuff for them, wow I cannot even think of it all and that is just some of the stuff in the gameroom and garage. he keeps thinking he is moving out and we save all that stuff. I am getting rid of other stuff he had. ugh! I ahve to do it bit by bit. I vow every wednesday to continue my elimination mission!!!!

a funny thing is I went to the St Vincent de Paul box the other day...got there when the truck came to empty it out. the guy driving the truck was there by the box pulling apart the bags people had left and was taking what he wanted for himself then throwing the other stuff in the back of the truck. makes you wanna go.... hmmmm????

Sue C

Suz -- Ugh and LOL.

OK, here's a dog poop story that husband and I just had remembered the other day and were having a good laugh over. We used to have anal neighbors that actually stood outside with a shovel in their hands waiting for their dog to poop on the shovel!! They followed the poor thing around waiting for it to poop and then stuck the shovel under its behind. :smile: I think the dog must have had deep psychological problems as a result.

Sue

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nomad, I agree about Watercooler...and the puppy. I love to laugh and we have so few laughs as parents of difficult children that we really have to look for them some days.

I have always owned big dogs. I never understood why anyone would want a froo-froo dog....until I met Chloe. I only went for a smaller dog because I am an old f*rt and can't lift the bigger dogs anymore, if need be. Now I understand and appreciate big- <u>and</u> small- dogs. They are wonderful, each in their own right.

I just caught Molly kissing Chloe! :thumb: (she'll still never admit she likes her though)

Sue- pretty funny about the shovel. My girls all get "productive" when I hold the shovel but I sure don't follow them around with it. Too funny.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nothing like pets to keep a smile close by.

I never liked small dogs much. (not that I dislike them) I did have a daschund as a child I adored though, but he really wasn't that small. lol

My friend recently aquired a pup that had been tossed out of a car along the side of the highway with it's litter mates back in one of the worst storms of the winter. The pups were barely 2 wks old at the time. His littermates froze to death before they were rescued.

This lil guy is a Jack Russel mix. And the sweetest lil dog I've come across in quite awhile. And for some unknown reason he's decided that he adores me. :rofl: I go over for a visit and he ignores his own family completely. while begging me for loveys. lmao I told my friend I'm going to pick him up some squeaky toys at the store when I do my grocery shopping. (how's that for a sucker? Now I'm an auntie to a puppy! :wink: )

F

flutterbee

LMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You have no idea how much I needed that today!

I have one for ya'll...

When I was about my difficult child's age, we had a cat named Ebony who was just the most curious thing with a death wish. This cat would sunbathe himself in the middle of the road and just saunter off at the last minute when a car was coming just like he had all the time in the world. He was a big cat, being part mancoon (sp) and would chase dogs out of our yard. And he was very friendly, too. He was an indoor/outdoor kitty and he would often visit neighbors and check out their house, get some attention and treats then asked to be let back out.

My stepfather is blind. One day while my mom was in the shower, stepdad was starting a fire in the fireplace. He had the kindling in and had stuffed newspaper in to ignite. He lit a match and stuck it to the newspaper and it went out. So, he lit another match and did it again and again the match went out. He did this about 3 or 4 more times before he noticed an odd smell. He called my mom down and asked her if she smelled anything. She looks around and there was Ebony sitting on the hearth as if nothing was happening with all the whiskers on one side of his face gone. What stepdad thought was newspaper was really the cat and the silly thing just sat there and let him do it again and again!!! Apparently he thought whatever stepdad was doing looked interesting and he wasn't about to miss out on any of it. Fortunately, he wasn't hurt, but he looked lopsided for awhile.

I could go on for days about that cat. Like how when he had a cast on his leg, he would use it to knock the other kitties off their feet. And how he could manage the stairs just fine with the cast until he had an audience and then he would yowl and 'need' to be carried. Or how he and his brother would drag my mom's bras around like their "kill" and then bury them in the litterbox. He was something. And always into something.

ScentofCedar

Well, we have a little Havalina/Poodle (or something!) whose llife we saved by taking him after two other families had given up.

So, when he first got to our house, he had issues.

One of them was marking his territory on the furniture and the other was diving into the cat box pretty much at will.

For a snack.

:rolleyes:

As time went by, both behaviors were addressed, and we grew to love our little guy. So, here is the story of what happened once just before he gave up on the cat box thing for good. :smile:

It was late at night. Both husband and I thought we heard something, but never thought it was the dog. Then, we thought we heard something, knew it was the dog, and couldn't find him.

There would be one short, sort of muffled bark, and then nothing.

So, we began looking.

We looked everywhere.

One bark, and then, nothing.

Where could he be?

It turned out that, because we have one of those roofed in cat boxes with the door on the front? The dog had been able to sneak in there for his forbidden snack after everyone had gone to bed, but could not get out again.

He knew he should not be in there and so, was too embarrassed to bark or whine for help.

So, what he would do is bark once and then, as we circled closer to where we had heard the bark coming from, go silent.

Because he really did not want us to find him in the litter box!

When we finally figured out where he had to be and looked in the cat box?

There he was.

And he just looked up at us, and never made a sound.

:rofl:

He did something similar to that down here, too. We have a different litter box here, of course. Apparently he has no problem getting into or out of this one easily.... So, one day, husband and I came in from somewhere, and there was no little, furry, black thing racing to the door and wanting to be picked up and made much of.

In fact, there was no little, furry black thing anywhere to be found, even after we called his name (though the cat, oddly enough, did come).

And then, who should break out of the cat box and race across the room like if he only went fast enough, we would never know he had been anywhere near it?

Uh huh.

Barbara

CAmom

OMG, Barbara, I thought OUR dog was the only sick-o who snacked in the cat box! EWWWWW!

No, not true--that reminds me, when my son was a baby and I was still sterilizing anything that went into his mouth, I discovered HIM sitting in the catbox, grinning from ear to ear, his mouth surrounded in brown! I thought I would DIE! I never sterilized another thing from that day on, figuring if he could survive cat poop, he could survive anything!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, I must say that some of your stories make my dear Chloe look like a genius!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming! :smile:

Suz :princess:

Sunlight

also (posted in watercooler} LOL

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary
6:00am - At last! I Go Pee! My favorite thing!
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
6:00 pm - They're home! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Diary

Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre
little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other
inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I ! make my
contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something
i n order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my
dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the
carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their
feet.
I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly
demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending
comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was
placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I
could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement
was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how
to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my
tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this
again ! tomorro w -- but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the
other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special
privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to
return. He is obviously retarded. The bird has got to be an informant. I
observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he
reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him
in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now...

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Okay I have a funny story. Not to do with Cats & Dogs, this is a story about easy child and Gym Teacher....and after you read it, you may believe I really am a bad mom...but I couldn't help it!! :grin:

easy child is habitually LATE for Gym class. He's bigtime involved in sports, it's not to do with Gym class per se, but rather the time of day the class is, and the location he has to get from & to in order to get to the Gym. Also, please keep in mind, easy child is just a wee bit ODD....

That particular day, easy child had lost his MP3 Player. Again, not a big shock, as he can show ADD tendancies, as well. Stories of easy child losing things and 'looking' for them are a whole other scope of humor....

Anyhow, he was overly late for class that day...

Gym Teacher: You are really late today and I'm tired of going through this all the time.

easy child: I am dearly sorry, but I lost something of great value to me, and I was trying to find it.

GT: Well I'm giving you a Detention nonetheless

easy child: Well thanks, that'll solve everything!

:rofl: :smile: :rofl:

The way easy child told it to me, he replied just that fast. I couldn't help myself, I cracked up!!

Peace

Kathy813

Staff member
OMG, these stories are hilarious. My Shih tzu went through a cat box phase when she was a puppy. Luckily she outgrew it.

I'm still laughing at the image of a black blur racing away from the litter box.

~Kathy