Everything is such a HUGE effort today...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm trying to clean the living room floor and couches today, enlisting the difficult child's help vacuuming the floor, picking up trash, moving couches, vacuuming couches, mopping floor etc. And for the most part, it went okay for the first 10 minutes.

But dang if they (and admittedly, the majority of this is coming from difficult child 2) aren't doing stuff that drives me bonkers. Acting before thinking mostly. Like not bothering to unhook the sectional couch before trying to move the separate pieces and bending the hardware...

Or trying to vacuum the couch with the WHOLE vacuum (it's an upright) and not disconnecting the hose and using that instead...

Or just plain not paying attention to details -- like actually mopping ALL the dirt in one area instead of one little patch.

And although this room will look great when it's done, as I walk through the rest of the house (which I vacuumed yesterday), and see all the food and trash on the floor, I feel ready to just scream. I guess I'm feeling outnumbered at times like this. They KNOW they're supposed to eat only at the table (and as we're vacuuming under the cushions of the couch and I'm pulling out gooey old cookies, popcorn, candy, medication patches, etc. I'm graphically demonstrating exactly WHY I insist they eat at the table). They KNOW they're supposed to throw trash in the garbage can and not on the floor. I CANNOT follow everyone around all day! I do not WANT to follow everyone around all day! They're not toddlers anymore.

Okay. I just needed to get that out. We've all taken a break and it's time to get back to it!

Andy

Another, "If you would just do the job and do it right the first time you will save everyone time and FRUSTRATION!"

The big question though, "How much MONEY did you find?" You don't have to share it - take it and buy your favorite stress relief beveridge. (mine is Mt Dew but I do have an individual bottle of Bailey's that is living in the back of my fridge you can have)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Not that it makes you feel better but you definitely have plenty of company in this department! Oh, and, Mary, I have the dog hair thing going on too!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well I have to say it's GREAT to know I have company in my misery! :D

Terry, no book last night, but we did take the kids to the movies so that was a nice break.

Andy -- sadly, no money, just tons of food debris -- yuck! But hey, the room looks pretty great now!

Mary, what you and Sharon have in dog hair, I have in spades with cat hair!!! And my vacuum is the kind where you can SEE what's getting sucked up... doesn't take long for it to fill with enough fur to knit an afghan blanket!!!