Ex got married Saturday, yahoo, but poor easy child

KFld

Well my ex did it and I couldn't be more thrilled to know he is now officially somebody elses headache. Unfortunatley my poor easy child daughter ended up with really hurt feelings though and she doesn't deserve it.

Her father called her 3 weeks before the wedding and said guess what? I'm getting married on March 19th! Her reply was, I have something I committed to that day about a month ago, so I won't be able to attend. She is a private nanny and the people she works for made reservations to go away for their anniversary this past weekend and had booked easy child to stay overnight and all day Saturday while they were away.

So she calls her father Saturday around 5:00 to say congratulations, how was it, sorry I couldn't be there!

He calls her last night and says, why couldn't you even call your father on his wedding day and congratulate him!!!!

She is fumeing. He doesn't even remember her calling, accuses her of not respecting him and then of course bad mouths her to everyone he sees.

She is done with him. She said she has had anough of his B.S. and won't deal with it anymore. He was probably drunk when she called and doesn't remember.

His loss!! Not hers :)

DDD

Fortunately your easy child is a strong young woman. It really chaps me off that bioDads have only selfish motivations. DDD

H

HaoZi

Yeesh. *HUGS* to her and he wonders why his kids want nothing to do with him.

LittleDudesMom

I could share sow horror stories about how my children were treated when bonehead remarried.

Unfortunately, it's what happens when our ex is a bonehead!

Ultimately, they are responsible for the relationship with their children but it is usually us that have to pick up the pieces.

Sorry easy child is hurt, but the anger is probably healthy. Seeing him "in reality" is not always a bad thing......

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
My son.......is for whatever reason so much more tolerant than I thought he would be of his bioslob. He had such grandiose ideas of what he would be like and I think mostly wanted to have that "I TOLD YOU SO" attitude to come back to me with. I just kept my trap shut for years, and now? Even when things are amazingly, horrifically, ridiculously awful? I'm very proud how Dude has handled them.

There is a just deserved time when I believe what Busy said is right and probably will, and has for Dude although not to the level that I think it will get eventually - but I think it got out a LOT of the anger he's been holding in for years. Everyone handles their anger in different ways - maybe this is how your daughter will deal with hers - just walking away?