Excema & Chronic Fatigue Symptoms

Lothlorien

There were a few threads regarding this recently. I have it, myself. It just started on my legs, chest and arms about a year and a half ago. husband was speaking with one of his customers who is a holistic guru and she had told him that she used Olive leaf extract. I did some research on it and it supposedly also helps with symptoms for chronic fatigue symptoms, wit very little side effects. Thought I'd pass this on, since I know quite of few of you are suffering. I'm gonna see if I can find it tomorrow, since it's really very bothersome, right now.

By the way.....the bananna peels (rubbing it on the areas) actually help too for the excema. I used it today and it soothed the itch and the inflammation.

TerryJ2

Interesting, Loth. I assume you have underlying allergies and you're working from that angle at the same time? My son has excema and it's clearly from his wheat and dairy allergies. I've long thought that chronic fatigue has something to do with-unidentified allergies. So sorry you have to put up with-it but glad for the tip.

Lothlorien

I do have general environmental allergies, but have been tested for food allergies and there were no positive results. It's probably time to go back to an allergist, though, since my body has changed since the last time I was tested.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Auto-immune disorders often are the root cause of excema and dietary allergies are considered so. I have family members with celiac disease and when they eat anything with wheat (etc) gluten they will break out in a rash similar to excema. I had excema my whole life until about 22. I will get it occasionally if I don't watch my diet and how I treat my skin.

The ways in which I've been able to keep it under control are with limited dairy - I only have about 4 Tbs cream in my coffee each day and yogurt about twice a week. Also, I slather on a non-allergenic lotion daily over warm moist skin. And lastly, I take oil supplements such as evening primrose, vitamin E, Borage oil and fish oils. Kicking up the omega oils really helps the best! My easy child has terrible excema and psoriasis and taking the oil supplements helps a lot. Also, try adding turmeric to your diet - that is supposed to be amazing.

TerryJ2

I take oil supplements such as evening primrose, vitamin E, Borage oil and fish oils. Kicking up the omega oils really helps the best! My easy child has terrible excema and psoriasis and taking the oil supplements helps a lot.

I would love for my difficult child to do that. Someday, when he learns to swallow pills ...