Exciting conference with kt's education team...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Finally I was able to attend kt's teacher's conference & education team meeting.

I'm "jumping" figuratively speaking, with joy at kt's grades. All A's & one B plus. Best report card kt has ever gotten.

She's paying attention in class; ignoring peers & isn't allowing herself to be pulled into trouble. kt is finishing work ahead of her class & then starts reading. Her teacher commented that while he didn't want to "yell" at a student for any reason he loved the reason he needed to redirect kt. Put down your book.

kt still struggles with inappropriate talk among her peers but that has improved by 75% over the last year.

Her emotional support staff say that she is a leader in group many days & is an example to other students without resentment toward her. Mr. S said kt has a shining personality & wins people over. He also said she has many things to learn - basically taking what & how she acts to essential strangers (school staff) & taking that same attitude & respect home. That will be their focus over the next quarter.

Residential Treatment Center (RTC) has helped kt thru one of the hardest periods of her life - losing her dad. She's still grieving deeply but she's finally sharing her feelings of sadness rather than making poor impulsive choices.

Thank you for reading all of this. Can you tell I'm beaming? I'm so proud of my ktbug. In many ways she's shining. Just not at home yet but it's being worked on.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Wow!! I'm smiling ear to ear at this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear she is doing so well-you have every reason to be proud!

busywend

I have chills of happiness for you and for kt! What a wonderful update on ktbug!

I am so proud of her!!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so happy! So very proud of kt for all her growth and hard work. Learning how to grieve is almost as awful as grieving, in my opinion.

She truly is showing the things she learned from you and husband. It can take a while, and even longer to show it appropriately to all the different types of people in your life, but it is a great thing to see.

Give her a hug from this Auntie. And two or three for you.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks all ~ I'm so proud. My ktbug is teetering on the edge; whether to take this all seriously or not.

In the setting she's in, she easily gets pulled in by all the negative behaviors & antics. I pray she continues to keep herself out of that foray.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy her growth ~ her favorite phrase "I'm emotionally healthy, mom". Her endeavors in painting & singing lessons.