Executive Functioning Disorder??

K

Kjs

someone posted the link for that a short time ago. I cannot seem to find it. i believe it was a Tourrettes site. Does anyone recall?

trinityroyal

Sorry...meant to click preview, and went and clicked Submit.
I'm not sure if this is the link you're looking for, but it does have some good information about executive function issues.

All the best,
Trinity

K

Kjs

All of the articles I read say the child needs to write a list and check off.

He has such difficulty writing he just doesn't. So anyone have any suggestions for that?

smallworld

In the past, I have worked with my kids to type a list on an Excel spreadsheet with boxes for them to check off when the activity is completed. We either print up several copies for use daily or weekly, or put the list in a page protector and use whiteboard markers to check off and then erase at the end of the day so the list can be used again.

When my son keeps forgetting something at school that he needs to remember, I put a sticky note in his binder. Works every time.

K

Kjs

:D What if he "forgets" to bring his binder?

He seems to forget everything. I'll have to crochet a little necklace with little reminder cards attached. :D

smallworld

For whatever reason, that's the one thing my son doesn't forget. He knows he has to bring his binder to every class and home every night (it's a 3-inch binder with dividers for every class).