Exhausted

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I just wanted to apologize for not having the energy to read and reply to many posts lately.

I'm neck deep into clinicals. I'm doing 40 hrs a week. And for someone who has sat in a classroom and then for hours studying....well, I'm just plain out of shape. All that walking ect for 8 hrs a day is wiping me out. I'm hoping it won't take me too much longer to get used to the physical side of this.

Doesn't help that my kidney's are acting as if they're going to shut down on me. My medications haven't been working for the past couple of weeks now. Can't get into the doctor without insur, and don't have the money to self pay. I'm so swollen and sick by the time I hit the bed at night, and with a horrendous headache that getting to sleep is a real challenge.

Even with that, clincals are going well. Working several days in a row made a vast difference in my confidence and skill. Today I drew blood on 19 people and only missed once. (instructor missed too and had to restick) My instructors now sit across the room while I drawl blood on a patient. I no longer dread going in and I'm beginning to really enjoy it. :smile:

But by the time I get home I'm wiped. This evening I fell asleep in the chair while husband was talking to me. lol So, while I've been trying to pop in and read some posts, most I just haven't been able to get thru. Only 9-10 days to go and I'm done. I've already gotten 50 of my 100 sticks in. Still need the 50 finger sticks and have to complete 120 hours.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you guys.

Hugs

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Good for you! Very shortly you will be able to get a job and medical insurance for your own treatment. :thumb: Keep up the good work. </span>

Wiped Out

Staff member
Don't worry about not responding-take care of you! Sounds like you are doing great work at your clinicals. Hugs.

everywoman

Yeah! I am so proud of you for going back and doing something you want to do. I know it's hard, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy. We miss you, but we will see you when you are through.

rejectedmom

I totally understand. Hope you are feeling less tired as time goes on and tht you do get a job that has great benefits once you are certified. -RM