Exhibit A

JJJ

Kanga consistently complains about growing up in residential care. She says because she complies with program (to get the rewards) that she no longer needs to be in care. She wants me to "prove" why she has to stay in Residential Treatment Center (RTC)...

In the last 48 hours she has....

1) attempted to jump out a classroom window

2) tried to stab the vice principal

3) gone AWOL with another girl

4) declared that she is going to what she wants for her last 5 days at this Residential Treatment Center (RTC) since (due to these behaviors) she is on high-watch and won't get any privileges anyway -- said "I might even stab someone else, that'd be fun."

And board aunties, I rest my case.

slsh

member since 1999
Ahhhhh JJJ. It must be simply exhausting trying to keep up with- her thought processes. It sounds so familiar. There were days when I started doubting my own sanity because old thank you would suck me into his backwards thinking.

Hang tight. Hope Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staff is prepared for the next few days.

JJJ

Wow, surprised they haven't just put her in restraints or something.

Only in their dreams. Restraints aren't legal at her level of care. They have assigned a 1:1 staff to her (still waiting for the call about how she got away).

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
If restraints were legal for our kids - most of them anyway - we'd be running them out of stock.

HowMuchLonger

JJJ, aren't their "realities" wonderful. I often wish I could get into difficult child 2's head and witness what he was seeing. From my point of view I see an enraged maniacal child bashing his head off the wall, punching me, beating his bedroom door with the buckle end of his belt all the while screaming "I don't F***ing NEED to go to counselling...I'M FINEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Yes, ok, this is just totally normal. EVERY kid in the neighbourhood is doing it! There used to be days that I would wonder if perhaps *I* was the one that needed help..that I really truly didn't witness what had just happened...or maybe I blew it out of proportion..then when I see the buckle shaped divets in the door I go "ahhhh yes, this is why we're doing this"

JJJ

I really hope she doesn't follow through on the violence. :(

I called staff and (since they are so young and inexperienced) gave them a good 'mommy talk'. Basically, I told them that based on her last transfer that her behaviors would continue to increase despite periods of calmness in between. That she knew how to get staff to relax their guard and she would use that talent to manipulate the situation to her advantage. I told them that they needed to remain vigilant about their own physical safety.

Let's hope they listened.

JJJ

Ahhhhh JJJ. It must be simply exhausting trying to keep up with- her thought processes. It sounds so familiar. There were days when I started doubting my own sanity because old thank you would suck me into his backwards thinking.

There used to be days that I would wonder if perhaps *I* was the one that needed help..that I really truly didn't witness what had just happened...or maybe I blew it out of proportion..then when I see the buckle shaped divets in the door I go "ahhhh yes, this is why we're doing this"

Exactly.

On Wednesday, the regular education teacher that supervises volleyball was all upset cause Tigger was 'swearing' on the court (mostly just d&^% it). I just looked at her and then said I would talk to him about it. She clearly thought it was a crisis issue -- lady, you have no idea what a crisis is. I was standing next to her when I got the call about Kanga trying to stab the vp. I told her I'd have to take this call cause Tigger's sister just attacked her teacher with scissors. I thought she was going to faint :devil2: I did go back and explain to her that Kanga is in residential care (didn't want her to think our family was totally nuts :smile: )

Our kids definitely blur those lines in the sand and lower our definition of 'normal'. I teased Piglet last night that Kanga makes Piglet's life very easy for her. Want to win daughter-of-the-year??? Just don't stab your teacher and you're the best :grins: