Expanded some horizons today.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I kept Wee's 3 cousins today. Their mom is sick, and they are good friends of Wee's. They are slightly older and younger than Wee - its just a good mix.

We ended up having to load out cattle for the Brooms, so I took them with me. They are by no means city kids, but they've never been involved in that, so they were really excited. They stood along the side of the chutes and smacked at the cows as they loaded on the trailer, and thought they were helping. I drove the cattle to the sale barn, and we arrived just in time to watch a double decker cattle hauler unloading - even Wee hasn't got to see that before. They could easily see into the trailer and see the system of gates used to partition off the trailer and were thoroughly amazed. And the trailer happened to be hauling several HUGE bulls along with the usual array of feeders. The kids were absolutely thrilled. One of the bulls even charged the gate.

When I took them back home tonight, you'd have thought I took them to Disneyland...their poor mama couldn't hear a word they were saying for all the words they were saying... lol

I was kinda dreading today, with tomorrow looming large in my mind, but I really, truly enjoyed it with those 4 kiddos. Their perspective on an otherwise mudane chore made all the difference today.

busywend

What a great experience you gave them! It must feel good. I love it when kids excitedly tell their parents about an adventure.

Awesome!

KTMom91

I've never seen anything like that before, though I live in a "cow town," and it sounds pretty cool to me, too!

Wiped Out

Staff member
What a great gift you gave them today! I so fondly remember my trips to visit my cousins on their farms and even being allowed to "help" with some chores!