Experiment, Day Two

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We only occasionally have a problem with stuff getting left in the washer or dryer. because I will make a stink about how NO ONE ELSE CAN USE THE WASHER because JETT IS TOO SELFISH TO ACTUALLY DO HIS CHORES... It gets a response.

husband is bad about remembering, but he does outside stuff and I never have to. So I do laundry and consider it even.

tiredmommy

Update as of last night: Add dance clothes on the bathroom floor and school clothes in the hall.

This morning: a 2nd pair of pj's on the bedroom floor.

DDD

Hmmmmmm....she may have plenty of pj's and then tee's she can use when the pj's are all dirty BUT I think going to Dance with-o being spiffy and clean is going to be a problem. She doesn't have a Dance Mom teacher, does she? LOL DDD

StressedM0mma

TM how many sets of dance clothes does she have? That may be the tipping point. If it makes you feel any better, my easy child can't get her clothes from her bathroom floor to the hamper in my bedroom. Here is hoping that the dance clothes don't start to stink up the place too much.

S

Signorina

I admire your fortitude. Clothes left in the hall & bathroom would make me steamed. They would disappear never to be seen again.

A messy room is one thing-but hall & bathroom too? No way.

When my younger kids left stuff around I used to pile it on their chair at the kitchen table. You want a snack or it's time for dinner? Gotta put your stuff away!

tiredmommy

Well, I think I know where Duckie gets her obstinance from: I was cleaning yesterday so I picked up the pile in the hall, vacuumed that area and put it back. Exactly as it was before. :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a question oh Creater of LAUNDRY WARS -

When The Duck has to WASH all this laundry - the MASSIVE PILE ?

WHO is going to have to give up THEIR TIME (also) to stay home with her - to teach her to load, measure, sort, - wait -----unload, delint, sheet - dry - wait........unload, fold, put away ??????

Me thinks thou doest theyself no good deed........

Get thee a HEFTY BAG.....................................and release thyself from o' mundane chores of ones child-servant.

tiredmommy

Ah but Star*... I'll eventually end up replacing those clothes. And besides, if I teach her to do laundry then she can eventually do mine!

Star*

call 911........call 911
NOooooooooooo.........YOU do not REPLACE clothes that are put in Hefty bags due to MISMANAGEMENT......tch tch tch........SHE WORKS for the money - DOING your laundry, and BUYS her own clothes and THEN she'll realize the value of a dollar, then will NOT put her clothes on the floor and already KNOW how to do HER laundry.

see?

tiredmommy

She blinked!!!!!!

She was going into the bathroom and I gave husband the "play along with me look" as I said in a very quiet voice "XXX (his first name), I'm doing laundry tomorrow so please bring down anything you want washed."

Seeing as how she lives to hear every word spoken between husband and I, she did not miss this snippet of information. She gathered all the dirty clothes up, put them in a basket and brought them downstairs.

Nosy brat! :rofl:

Kathy813

Staff member
Both my easy child and difficult child used to pull this trick . . . I would wash and fold all of their clothes and put them back in the hamper and ask them to put their clothes away. The next time I would do laundry, as I got to the bottom of the hamper, there would be the folded clean clothes from the last time I did laundry.

It used to drive me crazy! I told my students about it one time and they laughed and many confessed to doing the same thing!

I stopped doing their laundry when they got to high school. difficult child would often wear the same things over and over again without washing them but it was not my problem.

husband has always done his own laundry. He knew how to do it when I met him (he was already 30 years old) and I saw no reason to help him regress.
:rofl:

~Kathy

DDD

You "might" get your kids to do your laundry (yeah, a couple of mine did including former easy child/difficult child) but take my word for it they won't do your underwear. You'll hear "eww, no way". :nonono: LOL, DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
When mine got so much dirty laundry piled up that they couldn't wash it in a couple of loads, they got to PAY to be taken to the laundromat and BUY soap and PAY for the machines there to do the work. Wiz learned that they will do it FOR you and chose to do that with 2 loads. He was STUNNED when it cost a whole month's allowance and he had PLANS to go play D&D that night. Gee, sorry. Guess you need to budget better. He actually tried to get Gpa to give him $$ to go to play D&D. Told them I STOLE his allowance and used it to do the family laundry. Gpa asked him if it was true and then asked to talk to me. The consequences were NOT funny to Wiz, lol. Gpa out Aspies him at almost every turn.

Isn't it fun to use their nosiness against them? I HATE the eavesdropping and see no reason to not use it to get the kids to do what I want.