ex's wedding is only 4 days away :)

KFld

My ex is getting married in four days. I am so excited!! He invited my father and my brother. My brother is going, which is fine with me, I'm best friends with my ex-sister inlaw who is married to his oldest brother and we are very close, so whatever. My father felt torn and finally decided to call and tell him he feels it would be disrespectful to me for him to attend my ex's wedding, since like my father said, he caused all this to begin with!! I'm glad he's not going. His entire family and all of his friends know that he cheated on me, accused me of all kinds of stuff during the divorce and then for them to see my father there, I think they would be shocked to think he was supporting what he did.

The funny thing is he's telling his mother that he can't sleep at night because he feels my boyfriend and I are enabling our son, which we are not doing, we are supporting his good choices, but I know he can't sleep because he's getting married to someone he said he'd never marry and it's all for $$$$$$$$$

If I was marrying someone I wasn't happy with, I don't think I'd be sleeping at night either :) I just hope he doesn't get cold feet the last minute and call it off, because somehow that would be my fault too!!

busywend

I am LOL at how excited you are. You are so funny! I am glad you have joy (even if it is followed by an evil laugh) instead of resentment.

H

HaoZi

This totally reminds me that I need to do more paperwork on my divorce so my ex can go be miserable with someone else and stop bugging me about it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think you should throw confetti with itching powder in it. (we could consult Marg - she'd know what else you could toss in for good measure)

KFld

Yes DDD, she has a 17 year old daughter whom I've heard can't stand him because he's just as good with her as he was with his own children. He can't stand sharing attention with anyone, so I'm sure she just gets in the way!!

donna723

Just for fun, why don't you call him the night before and tell him that your lawyer just contacted you and told you there was a glitch with your divorce paperwork and that it's still not final yet! Then, of course, there's that annoying waiting period to contend with again ... :sigh:

Marguerite

I think you should throw confetti with itching powder in it. (we could consult Marg - she'd know what else you could toss in for good measure)

There's an Aussie caterpillar that makes huge nests in trees, large balls of caterpillars all together. The dust under these balls is often loaded with microscopic caterpillar spines which can cause a ferocious itch. I remember when I was pregnant with difficult child 1, I had to rest a lot and toddler easy child brought me some flowers. One of these caterpillars (a dead one) came in with the flowers and I lay on it. Where the dead caterpillar touched my arm, it blistered and itched ferociously. Needed antihistamine cream to deal with it.

Marg

Mattsmom277

Marg is wicked ... and I L-O-V-E it ;) !!!!!!!!!!!

When easy child's father married his current wife, I remember being so glad. No more drama because really he just wanted drama for drama's sake and I was his best bet even after I left him. I knew in my gut (And was correct ultimately) that he'd move past drama with me once he had a wife. It was a good day in my house I tell you! I happily packed up easy child to attend daddy's wedding. I remember it actually burned him badly to see me happy to pack her off. He wanted me jealous and implied I would somehow interfere with our daughter attending. How wrong he was and how hard I laughed at the absurdity!! How little he knew. I was happy when he got into a serious dating situation so was thrilled when he remarried. Sometimes its just this way for us lucky ex's. Some are jealous I'm sure. Some are angry. Some of us have our own reasons to be happy as clams.

I say you toast the couple all by yourself on the big day.

KFld

Marg is wicked ... and I L-O-V-E it ;) !!!!!!!!!!!

I tell you! I happily packed up easy child to attend daddy's wedding.

My sons car isn't running right now and my ex won't lift a finger to help him get to work or anything, because he thinks it's enabling, so I am driving him everywhere. My son doesn't want to go to the wedding because his father treats him like #$##$#$, but I'm thinking maybe I'll offer to give him a ride there too!! :) I'll offer to drop him off and pick him up. What do you all think??

H

HaoZi

I have to side with your son on that one. Isn't it punishing him to make him go?

Marguerite

My son doesn't want to go to the wedding because his father treats him like #$##$#$, but I'm thinking maybe I'll offer to give him a ride there too!! I'll offer to drop him off and pick him up. What do you all think??

I would do it. But then, I'm wicked.

i do think it would be healthy for your son to be there. It would also show his father that he is not turning his back on his dad, even it if it happens the other way around. And a wedding can be fun, whichever way you look at it. If your ex complains about you driving the young man to the wedding, point out that it was his (ex's) choice to invite him, then not make it possible for him to get there. Someone had to step up and be a good parent! Unless Ex is deliberately not helping son, to make sure you will at least see them on arrival and again when you collect him? Trying to rub your nose in it, trying to say to you, "See how much happier I am now that I am marrying someone else!"

So if you do this, make sure you look fabulous, but not formal. You have other things to do, no time to attend a wedding. A swimsuit would be good. A gym outfit. Tennis gear. Make it clear you are fitting in transporting your son in between your other busy activities.

Marg

Marg

KFld

difficult child is not going to the wedding. He told me last night that he is going to work instead :) My ex is getting married at his house at 1:00 in the afternoon. My son works on Saturdays from 12-5 for time and a half, so he said he can't afford to lose $75 to go to his fathers wedding since he's not willing to help him out with anything. His choice, and personally I think it's a great one!! I just hope he gets the chance to let his father know that he wasn't there because he couldn't afford to be because he has bills to pay, since his father thinks my bringing him to and from work is so enabling.