Extreme Fatigue???

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Extreme fatigue may be putting it mildly. This seems to take fatigue to a whole new level. And it's starting to worry me.

Sleeping well at night is not an issue.

However, in the past couple of weeks I've been battling episodes of extreme exhaustion/fatigue that are coming out of the blue as I'm not doing anything physical enough to cause it.

This is being so utterly wiped out that I can't literally keep my eyelids open, feel so out of it I feel drunk, and am so tired I'm sick to my stomach. I am forced back into bed where I'm out cold in seconds and can sleep anywhere from 2-4 hrs. Sometimes this helps me shake it, other times it doesn't. On the times it doesn't I'll be up maybe an hour or so and it'll hit again. And you'd think with all this extra sleeping I'd have trouble at night. But NO. By 11pm I'm bleary eyed and ready to collapse again.

Weird.

It's hitting me now.

All I've done is the dishes. No big work yet. And this is making it hard to dig in and get the big cleaning done that I need to do. If it was just being tired I could ignore it and go about my day. But this is awful.

Reminds me of how I felt after taking a dose of seroquel back when I was using it to sleep. That same completely drained, drunknish, nauseated, I'm gonna fall on my face if I don't get to a bed fast feeling.

No fever. Spider bite healed up and is completely gone. No other symptoms. Haven't even spent any real time outside so ticks mostly likey not an issue. Eating fine. I've even been watching my sugar intake to see if it was possibly a blood sugar thing. But evidently not as that doesn't seem to affect it.

Even a pot of very strong coffee can't keep it at bay once it starts.

This is just really weird. And awful.

And as much as I really really want to be cleaning my house right now............... I'm off to collapse onto the bed again because I wouldn't even be able to type except that I've had keyboarding and don't need to see the keys to do it.

Naptime.

ugh:sad-very:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
This doesn't sound good at all, my dear.

While it could be nothing, I think I'd be calling the doctor if it lasts very long, at least just to ask if there's something to be looked into.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Any other symptoms? Weight gain, weird body temp (feeling cold even when it's warm outside) I would definately go to the doctor.....it could be lots of things but one thing that comes to mind is thyroid. Before I figured out mine was off (by quite a bit) I would literally fall asleep at my desk at work and be out by 9 o'clock easy at night.

TerryJ2

Doesn't sound good.
It could be so many things. When was the last time you had your thyroid checked? The last time you had a physical?
Heck, it could be depression, Epstein Barr, so many things. If it goes on more than a few days I'd make a dr appointment.
Take care.

Star*

call 911........call 911
A BABY?????????
PFt - oh that's right you would have to call him Jesus.

I have no ideas - but I'm having about the same thing -

I finally got insurance

I'm going to get a boatload of tests

I get up as late as I can, shower, rush to work, come home and could literally and HAVE gone to sleep for 12 -13 hours.

That used to happen when I was stressed.

Still does -

This is different.

Get your iron checked too.

Yawn.....time to go home lol

Hugs
Star

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. I know the miserable way this fatigue makes you feel. I wonder if you have any of the other symptoms of fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome.

Before you accept a diagnosis of either of these, get your vitamin levels, iron and thyroid checked.

You might try an OTC vitamin B supplement to see if that helps.

But it is a good idea to call the doctor.

Hugs (and a soft pillow and a blankie)

susie

F

flutterbee

Lisa -

Call your cardiologist. ASAP. The biggest sign of heart disease in women is overwhelming fatigue. Men have the chest pain, etc. Women have fatigue. It was my biggest symptom. It was EXACTLY like you described.

You already had a minor heart attack. They need to go in and do a heart cath or a CT.

Please call her. And be pushy if you have to.

You'll be in my thoughts.

(((hugs)))

everywoman

Have you had your thyroid checked. When mine was off, those were my exact symptoms. Is your hair falling out? Is your skin extremely dry? I did not have any weight issues though some do. I felt like I was in a mental fog and was extremely fatigued. I would go to work, come home, and fall asleep---not my usual mo.

Marguerite

Chronic fatigue is a symptom of a number of possible conditions. It affects one in four people at some stage of their lives. It can be really debilitating and should be checked out.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome affects one in 2500 people and is a diagnosis you do not want. You would also have to feel like this for six months before a CFS diagnosis could be made.

CFS diagnosis would also only be made if all other possible causes were excluded.

There are many possible causes for this, all of them needing to be checked out.

See the doctor. Do not let anyone be dismissive of how you feel.

It could be just a virus which will go away soon. Some viruses can do this and take longer. This is a ghastly feeling, it can really disrupt your life, so seek help now. In the meantime, rest when you feel you absolutely must, try to not take on too much, and find gentler ways to do what absolutely has to be done. Do not feel guilty about needing to look after yourself.

Keep us posted.

Marg

DammitJanet

I also know the ugly fatigue. I was thinking along the lines of heather with the heart problems but also get the thyroid checked. Fatigue is simply awful.

TerryJ2

Star, I'm not sure whether I'd rather have another baby or heart disease. You're too funny.

Please keep us posted, Daisylover. You've got me worried.

Abbey

Spork Queen
My extreme fatigue comes from depression...I'm quite certain of it. I literally make a list of things I need to do during the day and force myself to do them. I don't want to...I'd rather lay in bed and sleep or watch Animal Planet, then sleep. I'm such a flipping nerd that I have an Excel spreadsheet of what I MUST do tomorrow.

Today's list:

Wake up at 4am. Sort through 16 years of crud and decide what I really need and what I don't. Then box.

Wake up easy child at 8am. (insert drama here)

Make breakfast.

Clean kitchen. Unload dishwasher.

Make sure my car wasn't repossesed over the night.

Check the board. (Actually, that's a highlight.)

Take a shower as I haven't done so in 2 days.

Put on makeup. (who cares anymore??)

Deal with birds. (insert major drama)

Listen to husband gripe about birds. (double drama)

Get ready for work.

Actually GO to work.

Work all day, which is a relief.

Come home and clean up after the tornado has gone through my house.

Make dinner, clean up again.

Try to read the board.

Go to sleep.

End of day.

Last night was a luxury. I don't usually watch TV, but there was this good old movie on and I stayed up until 1am watching it. It was quiet, everyone else was in bed, poured a nice glass of wine and just relaxed. I felt good today.

I hope you find your answer. Everyone has given you great suggestions. I don't know much medical stuff so I can't give advice on that.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey I get exhausted reading about your day, I don't know how you manage to actually do your day. :faint:

I called 2 docs. The cardiologist and the nephrologist. Cardio couldn't get me in at all this week and wanted me checked by nephrologist. So I call him, he gets me in for blood tests.

I have a folic acid deficiency (anemia) due to my kidney disease. The blood test showed it really low again although I take prescription strength folic acid Foltex. So he increased the Foltex. He's pretty sure this is the problem as it causes the same symptoms. But if it doesn't go away I'm to check back with the cardio and have her give me a look over. Fine by me as I can't really afford to go to one of them, let alone both for the same problem.

When I first started taking the Foltex about 6 yrs ago the difference it how it made me feel was so dramatic that I noticed within just a couple of days. doctor told me that shows me how bad it was as most of his patients don't see a difference for a couple of weeks.

So keeping fingers crossed this solves the problem.

((hugs))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha! I don't even know what an nephrologist is!!! Sounds like they have a good plan for you. I hope you get some answers. It stinks to be tired all the time.

Abbey

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Lisa,

Yikes! The first thought I had was a BABY!!! Sorry, lol!!

The other thing I thought of was depression. That is a huge symptom for me. I can hardly drag myself out of bed to get our day going and then I have to lie down again. I take like 3 naps a day, plus sleep 10 hours at night, or try to sleep at night when my mind isn't racing with horrible thoughts.

I pray the medications the doctor gave you give you relief quickly!!!!

Hugs,
Vickie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok. All this baby talk has gotta stop. :anxious: Don't you know I'm the original Murtle the Fertile Turtle?? My last 3 pregnancies were after a vasectomy for chrissakes!! Do NOT send those vibes my way. Unless you're referring to easy child who is preggers. :rofl:

But no. Baby didn't enter my mind as pregnancy always gave me a natural high and I had tons of energy to spare. :tongue:

Depression didn't occur to me as when I'm up and about I'm in a good mood. I want to clean and such, it's just the energy goes suddenly phhhttt! And it's gone. So my cleaning is getting done in short bursts. Unfortunately it shows. So I hope it's like last time and only takes a few days to start kicking in.

susiestar

Roll With It
Lisa,

No small human being vibes coming from here.

I hope that the medication works as quickly as it did in the past, but only because you are sensitive to medications NOT because the kidney disease is so bad that it made the anemia so bad. (was that understandable??)

Glad the doctor was able to run blood tests before you had to pay for a visit. NONE of my docs will do anything with-o an office visit. I hope the medication does the job, and that you can get the cleaning done and over with.

Hugs,

susie