Extreme Makeover Tonight

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm just getting done watching this episode. If the family themselves and what this man did wasn't enough to make you bawl (and I am), poor Ed!!!!!! Wanting to make sure that flag got done and worrying about his wife...... :cry:

Omg..........I've got to go find some kleenex

Nancy

They didn't even know who Jason was until the movie was being made that re-enacted the rescue and one of the port authority officers who he saved told them that Jason was black, not white like the actor portraiting him was. The producers felt really badly and everyone went looking for Jason and found him here in Ohio. They apologized to him and wanted him to know they meant no disrespect. Up until then no one knew who it was, he rescued the first man and had been working for two days and he left for a few hours while they were freeing the second man and then he just walked away and continued searching so no one got his name.

An unsung hero for sure.

Nancy

Fran

Former desparate mom
I was choked up from the beginning to the end. What a wonderful man of character. He was so impressive as was his wife.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Not to take away from the man and his family featured tonight, but if anyone is interested, I found Ed's personal website. If you click on his blog, there is a link to a couple of pictures after surgery and stitches. (for the brave) He is EXTREMELY lucky.

http://www.edsanders.net

needabreak

I WAITED TWO WEEKS TO WATCH THIS EPISODE.I WAS SO TOUCHED.I HAD RECENTLY WATCHED THE WORLD TRADE CENTER ON VIDIO AND WATCING THIS JUST MADE IT EVEN MORE OF A TEAR JERKER TO SEE THE REAL HEROS WHO DID WHAT YHEY DID.WE ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE PEOPLE LIKE THIS.