Eye opening eye exam

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I went to my eye MD last Friday. Time for my annual exam which I could have delayed except I've been having trouble with my vision especially when I've been driving. I requested contacts as I'm tired of wearing glasses.

Fast forward, exam done....

So why do you want contacts again? Tired of the glasses thing. "You no longer need glasses ~ your current prescription was correcting what no longer needed to be corrected."

How cool is this? I've worn glasses since I was 16....my eyes have gotten better. Only need the cheaters for reading & close work.
:choir::yes:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
SWEET!

I wish I could do that. Actually, my prescription is correcting itself, as I get older I'm getting more farsighted, which is correcting the nearsightedness. But... not the astigmatism.

DDD

That's great! Coincidentally I had an appointment this week with my Opthomologist and my sight has improved also. How weird is that? I always assumed that it just got worse with age. Guess not! DDD

Wow!!! That's a pleasant surprise! I thought our eyes age and everyone's sight gets worse, who knew? Good news.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Wow, how cool! I'm jealous!!! LOL I've needed glasses/contacts since the 7th grade and my prescription has never improved. It gets worse each year which makes me wonder if it will ever level off or if I'll just need reeeeeeeeally thick glasses? LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm jealous too. How do you IMPROVE?????? Honestly Linda you're one in a million! lol -

Congrats

H

HaoZi

The farsightedness of middle age counters the nearsightedness in some people. I'm rather hoping for it myself, I've been in lenses since 2nd grade.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's working for me. I was extremely nearsighted and my vision has improved dramatically starting in my mid to late forties.

At least the nearsightedness has. I'm still stuck with the astigmatism.

nvts

Only you Linda! Only you! That's fantastic news! I, on the other hand, have to figure out how to get longer arms - I can't see worth a darn!

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I thank my mom for this change....my dad told me over the weekend that her eyes improved as she got older. I had totally forgotten this.

Beth, sometimes things have to go my way, you know? :)

I appreciate the savings ~ non prescription sunglasses & cheaters are a breeze to afford.

donna723

That's wonderful Linda! I'm jealous too!

I never knew that vision could get better - I thought it just deteriorated further and further. Actually though, my son needed glasses for his distance vision when he was about 11 or 12 but doesn't need them now. He was one of those who didn't know that trees had individual leaves on them, not just big green blurs at the ends of the branches.