Facebook Decided that my Name is Fake...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
so they have disabled my account!!!

WTH?

This is why I hate Facebook.

So my Facebook Friends...that's why I have disappeared. And my Doodles, too!!!

:(

So all this time, my name has been no good.

Who knew?

I guess I need to go get a new one.

Any nominations?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow, I've never heard of such a thing. My daughter's friends all use funky versions of their names, seriously, with little characters in them and everything and they've been on there for a few years.

Can you contact Facebook to reinstate it? I'd try that.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Can you contact Facebook to reinstate it? I'd try that.[/SIZE]

When I try to log on to my account - I get referred to the "help" pages where I am instructed on Facebook's policy against fake names....

There was also a link to "appeal".

I had to send them a copy of my Driver's License! Can you believe that???? WTH?

And yes, like you - some of my Facebook Friends are only using a "version" of their real name...and have beeen for years.

I guess I must have been acting suspicious.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
FB does this I've noticed lately, which is sort of weird..........although usually it's on new accts, not established ones. People have gotten smart about the games and friends and make bogus accts so that the tons of people it takes to play many of the games don't ever have access to their personal information. I have a few *cough* extra accts for this reason.

I wondered where your doodles went.... :(

Hugs

witzend

My name is no less common than yours, I think. I've never heard of this before. Are you sure someone didn't punk you and turn you in as a "joke"?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My name is pretty common as well ~ sounds like someone wants your account name or is hassling you. It's why I like talking more than dealing with cyber bullies & the like.

Let's see ~ I loved your Daily Doodles (if that's the name - can't remember off the top of my head). Can't think of any names off the top of my head. I'll think on it.

shellyd67

I have the same name as a semi-famous singer and I get friend requests alot from people thinking I am her ... I have also gotten phone calls at home. I live in a small town in PA and she supposedly lives in LA ???? Go figure. Facebook can be a strange site sometimes. Is there a way to check if someone reported you ?

DammitJanet

LOL...I am surprised my daughter in law hasnt reported me considering I am having something of a war with her on there. Or maybe it is just me seeing it as the war considering I get ticked off everytime I read anything she posts and have to take a xanax to calm down. Ohhhhh...maybe I can report her! *rubs hands with glee!*

flutterby

Fly away!
I can't believe they deactivated your account! I am on highly political pages and people have obviously fake names - some trolls, some not - and they're all over the place!

Mattsmom277

How strange, I read this earlier and was thinking it was odd to disable you since you have had the account so long. What do I stumble across just now:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/16/technology/facebook_bug/index.htm?hpt=T2

Haven't finished the article to see if there is a solution for you posted there (probably is) but you aren't alone and it is a complete glitch. So there's obviously got to be a way to fix it for all of you users affected. At least you wont' have to lose your account. Hope the article helps!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Thank you SOOO much for the link!

Sounds like lots of people were affected....some kind of glitch in the system....

And it gets weirder:

The article Mattsmom referenced said that Facebook would be contacting those affected - so I assumed I would be getting some kind of "canned" email with an apology and instructions on how to re-activate the account.

Instead, my husband discovered that my account had magically "re-appeared" because there I was amongst his friends again. OK - good.

I finally get an email from Facebook...

It states that after investigating my case, they have determined that I have violated Facebook's policy against using a fake name for my account and that my FB account can NOT be re-activated for any reason whatsoever and that this decision is final.

However, my FB account is still active.

Huh?

Gotta love Facebook!