?? Facebook people....

klmno

If I have old photos and some are in yearbooks, what's the best way and place (and cheapest) to scan them and put them in a format that I can put them on facebook?

KTMom91

Take a picture with your cell phone and email them to yourself, save them on your desktop, and then upload from there.

That's how my avatar got there.

klmno

Oh- now why didn't I think of that? LOL!! I don't have a cell but I have a digital camera- and this is the free, quick & easy way!! Thanks! I can't believe the people I'm finding and that are finding me! I think the best one is from 34 1/2 years ago. I have his photo in a yearbook- he has no old photos on his page so I'll stick his up, too. He was a leader in the school and the photo is flattering. Maybe I should ask him if he minds first anyway.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I take pics with the digital camera. Pop the memory stick into the usb port, save them to my desk top, then upload them to facebook........or anywhere else I want them. But I cheated, Nichole told me how. lol ;)

klmno

I'm sure glad I asked this question before I ran all over town to copy stores trying to figure it out and paying for it. LOL I'm recharging my camera battery now so I can snap a few photos later and try to figure out how to upload them- it should be easy, assuming facebook takes jpg files.??

I'm filling out some paperwork now....I must have gotten spoiled with the 40 deg temps today because now the temps are dropping again and I'm shivering from feeling so cold, even though the thermostat is set the same- I guess it's a draft. After this winter, I'll never quit kicking myself in the rear for not having internet connection installed right next to the fireplace, even tho it would have meant having the computer in the LR. LOL!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Facebook takes jpg. files. :) No worries.

We've got LOTS more snow on the way. As long as I have power and gas for the furnace I'm not complaining. lol I'm actually doing the little kid thing and hoping for snow days! I know I'm soooooo bad. :rofl:

klmno

Well I have about 24" of it in my yard and on the deck after the last ten days. You are more than welcome to take ALL of it!! I'll even go buy you a brand new shovel to use...if I can find one left in town.

klmno

LOL! Donna, I was going to suggest again that anyone could PM me for mine. Mainly because there are three people listed with my name and one has a photo popping up of someone licking a person's face and I really don't want to be mistaken for that. LOL!

I just ask that we all remember that we want to keep "difficult child" issues off of FB; and our kids' & family's personal info (names, location) off of here- at least I do. I'm only bringing that up because I've worried myself that I'm going to say difficult child on there and personal stuff (identifying) on here. I have my FB page set to private so anyone of us who talk about stuff don't have to worry about it becoming public. I feel so close to members here it doesn't bother me- it'ss the general public that worries me- along with my extended family and legal people of course.

And yes, STeely- anyone from here can come to mine-

Last edited: