Facebook stranger

N

Nomad

A woman on FB wants to be my friend.
I do NOT know her.
So, I am ignoring.
She sends me a message. It says "Forever FV!"
What does this mean? Might she think I am someone else?
I have a fake photo up now.
by the way, thanks for all the info re: this. I am trying to be coool for goodness sakes. :tongue:

DammitJanet

I think it means Forever Vendetta from what I can tell online. Why someone would say that...darned if I know...lol. I think its someone trying to get their facebook numbers up.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Could it mean something about FarmVille? If you get another friend request from her, send a message asking if she's someone you know as you only friend people you know.

DammitJanet

The reason I posted what I did was I googled "forever FV" and found the above information that I posted in regards to facebook and myspace.

donna723

I've gotten a few friend requests from people I had no connection with too, most of them wanting more people to play Farmville and some of the other games. I don't do the games and such so I just ignored them all. They probably sent requests to dozens of other people too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Unless I know the person making the request, I only accept friends of people I know. And this has carried over into the game part too as it avoids people you'd rather not be exposed to. :)

I've been learning a lot about facebook this weekend. Surfing around, reading articles, etc. I've been enjoying my facebook SO much over the past few months, re-connecting with people just to say hi, find out how the past 20 years has gone for them, etc.

It's been a weird coincidence that in just the past couple weeks, I've found myself in at least three separate conversations with people whose intelligence and opinions I respect a lot, regarding facebook. It seems that there are many more identity theft concerns about it than I ever would have thought of. I'm NOT giving up facebook, but I'm sure being a lot more careful.

A few eye-openers for me--There are apparently folks out there whose "occupation" has become looking around facebook for potential "targets." Accepting as a "friend" anybody you do not know is a definite risk. Furthermore, the privacy settings are extremely important. A criminal can do wonders with your full birth date (which you could consider slightly altering), full name, and contact info--which some people make visible to everyone.

The new facebook format seems to have wiped out a lot of previous privacy settings. I went into each little particle of my account today, and I found that some sections that I thought were visible to "friends only" were actually visible to "friends of friends" or "everyone." I have some "friends" who have hundreds of "friends." I don't want to trust all THEIR choices of friends in seeing all my stuff!

The applications/games can have links with viruses. One of my most intelligent friends got one of those this weekend on a "zoo" application. Her message to me was to just go to websites directly and ignore links. She's not giving up the games, but she's a more careful player. I never cared about the games or had time for them, so I'm just going to stay away from most of those "applications."

A lot to pay attention to, apparently. My goal is to make visible "just enough" information for people to recognize me so that I can re-connect with people I want to find and/or want to find me. Everything else is going to be a "friends only" thing, and I'm going to choose my friends very carefully.

DazedandConfused

I have very few friends compared to most people that I know. I went to a Sprint page to post a question about my phone and I got some friends requests because of it. I have no idea who these people are and my Facebook is for family, friends, and co-workers, that I KNOW and have MET.

Exception: I have one elderly lady who friends requested me. I see that we have a mutual friend in an amazing young teacher that I work with and that I really like. I figure, "what the heck?" So, I accept. I'm so glad I did, this lady is quite a little spitfire at 79 years old. She also had a great grandson she adores and she gushes about him on a regular basis. Turns out, this lady is the teacher's grandmother's best friend. Why she friends requested me, I don't know, but it has been kick to get to know her through Facebook.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
See? This is EXACTLY why I've been afraid to start a FB account! My name, address and phone are all over the internet as it is! I don't need to add pics of my kids, my family, my house, my dogs etc.

Then one day, husband set up a FB account on my behalf...with pictures and everything. I was so ticked!!! "But look" he says "You already have friends requests."

And sure enough, people I had no idea who they are were requesting "friendships". Arrgghh! So I deleted everything and just made a Fan Page. We'll see how it goes...

witzend

My married name is very generic. Not quite "Smith", but close. It helps to keep me in charge of soliciting friends. I did list my maiden name for a while, and did have some old friends who found me. But then I freaked out about how easily identifiable I was, and took it off.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I get a few requests from board members that I don't know their 'real' name. I usually decline. It would be helpful if I new the board name.

Abbey/ aka Deb