Fairbanks ice festival - in case you miss winter

Wiped Out

Staff member
Those are incredible and beautiful-WOW! However, it still doesn't make me miss winter-heck it still is winter here even if it says Spring on the calendar-lol.

trinityroyal

Wow! Those are beautiful.

Still, I'm with Sharon. I don't miss winter, and the only ice I want to deal with is the one floating in my lemonade.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
THAT is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO INCREDIBLE - passing those pics along ......

I have never seen anything so neat - that cinderella carriage is just WOW.

Thanks

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Star,

Each year St. Paul has a winter festival (we need some fun during the long winter months) & the only thing I will attend is the ice & snow sculpture competitions.

These people have incredible imaginations & skills. I can't imagine having to work with such a cold & inflexible medium.

Star*

call 911........call 911
The details and the thought that must go into each sculpture is just astounding. I mean for pity sake - it's WATER......it's frozen water.....and look at it. The dinosaurs are beyond incredible - and the detail on the building (name escapes me) with the columns - it's a national monument Star you big dummy - what is it? Ugh.....I hate age. lol. Anyway the bricks and the facade are remarkable.

I think I'm going to look at this when I get frustrated with my own art. I painted on canvas for the first time this weekend. I painted a tiger striped Mastiff - and it wasn't bad.....then DF said - It's kinda dark and I started fuddling with it and now it looks like a cross between a Salvador Dahli and a kindergartener painting with her opposing hand.....I was trying to paint it for a donation /auction for the humane society - I think I'll stick to colored pencils and chalk.....lol.

I just really loved that you shared this with us - it's amazing.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Starbie, I agree.

by the way, have you tried watercolor pencils. I started out sketching, then drawing ~ moved onto watercolor pencils then onto watercolor.

For me it was a natural evolution, if you will.

I doubt I'll ever get to sculpting or using clay. I may try painting on tiles. I'm going to blow some eggs out of their shells & paint Easter eggs for my family using my paints.