Fall weather

AppleCori

Rain, rain, and more rain!

The rivers are high and will be cresting to well above flood stage around here.

We have had flooding in some towns around here already, and expect more to flood in the next few days.

We are on high ground, so we won't personally be affected, but we told D C to move his stuff over here if he wants to, because he is in the flood plain.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's been dreary and drippy for the last 3 days here in Milwaukee-land, after a very dry summer. The grass is finally lush and green.

The heat seems to have broken. It is currently 63F out, normally perfect GN weather, but so ugh out that I don't feel like moving.

Hope folks elsewhere are enjoying good weather. If not, I hope folks are staying safe, warm or cool, and dry.

Nomad

Staff member
I just saw a new post on the Weather Channel on my FB. It's as if they are skipping mention of Fall altogether.
The headline for winter is
"Winter 2016-17 Outlook: Post El Nino Warmth Will Linger, But East Could Be Cold"
The video was weird. This is a synopsis:
Warmer temps. hinted for much of the country. Dec. -Feb. Warmest air in SW. Near or slightly below average possible in Dec., especially in East. Extreme NE particularly. The rest of the country a little warmer than average.

Californiablonde

Yesterday it was 102 and today it was 97. I am happy to report that by this weekend, it is going to drop down to a comfortable mid 70's. Now if only it could stay that way for the rest of fall, I would be very happy!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Never got out of the mid-60s today. Sunny and breezy. A perfect day during which I got nothing done beyond a couple of loads of laundry and washing my hair.