Family

llamafarm

Why, oh why when we talk to extended family do they never say the right thing? And then why do they get insulted by the answers to their questions? I try to understand that they have no idea what we are up against here or what we are dealing with day in and day out.. But it does get tiring. Glad you all are out there.

T

TeDo

I gave up tryig to talk to family about anything going on at our house for that exact reason. The DON'T get it and they usually WON'T get it because they haven't lived it. They think they have all the answers, after all they are all wiser than anyone else so of course they know it all. I have also found that they have preconceived ideas of what us parents "should" do and when we don't then it's our own fault. It IS sickening. That's why talking about difficult children is off limits with me. I have to do that to keep my own sanity. Sorry you're learning this tough lesson. (((HUGS)))

B

Bunny

Because there are alot of people out there who think that they know better than you, regardless of the fact that you are the parent living with the difficult child, trying to get through each day with as little drama as possible.

I have discovered that family can be the worst when it comes to people making judgments. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I hope it gets better.