father in law adventure

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yesterday I'm taking out the trash and I hear some loud cussing coming from father in law's house. I walk across the yard and can't find him. All of a sudden I look up and he's about 20 feet up in a tree trying to saw the top off. Dad! What are you doing???? Well, the tree is dropping pine cones into the neighbor's yard so I thought I'd cut the top off. Oh, geez...

I dash across the yard, run in the house and tell H...you HAVE to go over there. Your dad is in a tree. In a tree??? Yep, way high, too.

The next hour or so proved quite interesting. Several neighbors came to help. It was almost like watching the blind leading the blind. After about an hour of 5 guys 'supervising' this event they finally talked father in law out of the tree and H went up to finish the job.

At one point Dad is sitting on a large branch and he's cutting BELOW it. I said, Dad...you realize where you're going if you cut through that tree. He says...yep...to the ground. Geez...

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/Abbey888/

Abbey

nvts

Maybe his handle should be "gfgsub1"!

Did he over hear you say that they're all driving you up a tree?

I know...corner.

Beth

Jena

oh abbey you really need to write a small book about him, or his memoirs or something the adventures of father in law! LOL. you just can't make this stuff up!!

:)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Jena...I would be afraid to put in that book what his adventures would entail.:tongue: He's quite a character.

They're desperately trying to get him to NOT run again for the city council. He's been on there for 20+ years. I guess it would be safe to say that he is not a 'polished' politician. If he thinks it...he'll say it. He doesn't mince words AT ALL. I'll sit and watch the live telecast of the council meetings (boring life, ya think?) and I'm laughing my arse off. The last one was an on air argument because someone sat in HIS seat. He's the senior council member...how dare you??? Who cares about poor roads, homelessness, etc. SOMEONE IS IN MY SEAT!!!

He comes home that night and I said, "Nice video, pops." He says...well, I got my damn seat back.

Abbey