Favorite gift from husband/wife or SO?

LittleDudesMom

I must admit that bonehead was a great gift giver. I have a lovely collection of jewelry that I received as gifts in our twenty year marriage - he knew I loved it.

But the absolute best gift I ever got did not sparkle. Most of you know the kids and I have a passion for the beach. One summer while the kids and I were at the beach, he took one of those little kalidacope keychaine picture things that I had done the previous summer of the kids at the beach, and gave it to a local artist to reproduce. When I returned, a painting was waiting for me. A great oil painting of easy child and difficult child lying on the beach. That was a very special gift for no reason. I think that was my favorite.

Sharon

ck1

My husband is not the best at buying gifts, however, when he puts his mind to it he is amazing!!! The first was my first birthday we were together. He knew that difficult child was never able to buy me gifts (because nobody ever remembered to take difficult child shopping for me) so now husband (almost fiance then, we got engaged a couple weeks later) bought me a watch and hid it in my house while I was at work and difficult child was at school. He talked with difficult child on the phone to tell him where it was hidden. When difficult child and I got home, difficult child was SO excited to have a gift for me, he ran in the house to the hiding place and got it for me! I thought that was so sweet to think of difficult child!!

The second time he did well with gift giving was our first anniversary. husband started by waking me up at midnight to give me my first gift, then hid another one in the bathroom so I'd find it when I took a shower. Then he secretly arranged with my boss (we worked at the same company) for me to have the day off. We went to breakfast together, then when I thought we were going to work, he turned the other way and told me I had the day off! Then he had another gift to give me in the car. He also arranged for us to have lunch with my brother (we got married on his birthday) so that was a nice surprise. Then he took me to my favorite jewelry store and told me to pick out whatever I wanted!!! Then, when I thought the day was over he still had one more surprise...to spend the night in the honeymoon suite at the bed and breakfast where we had gotten married the year before. This was especially nice because he had arranged with my parents to keep difficult child and got the owners to open up the suite for us because they were closed for the month for spring cleaning. He also gave me some more gifts in between. All of the gifts were from Red Envelope so they came in the pretty red boxes with big white bows!! husband has been divorced, but this is my first marriage, so it was really nice that he made our first anniversary so special!!!

He hasn't made any attempt to top those times but I guess that's ok because he made those first few holidays so special!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: totoro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Mister HWGA... What is your Point... Don't Make me come through my computer and drop your #*%&...
It is the thought...
and I will have you know that husband did by a boat... I was fine with it... Mhmmmm. and the house we are living in right now he came and looked at and decided he liked, called me and said what do you think? Sent me the e-mail, I said I trust you... He bought it...

I'll have you know that one of my all time favorite gifts from him is my Rice cooker!!! I just didn't think that sounded so romantic... I use it a couple times a week... I love it. He picked it out all by himself and I was so excited when I opened that gift up!!! THat was about 4 years ago...
Not jewelry.... I would take a good set of Knives or Pans over a ring or Bauble... any day!!!

It is the thought... What is your best gift? HWGA???? Huh? Huh? </div></div>

:bag:

Gotcha. No more cracks about "It's the thought that counts." And, in reality, I agree.

I think my favorite gift would be Scooter. PCs 2 and 3 got him from the shelter and brought him by my work. Actually he wasn't intended as "my" gift but since the boys moved out he has been mine and wife's.

wife usually gets me clothes and books, clothes because I never buy them for myself, and books because I love to read. One year I got several Patrick O'Brian books on CD and a CD player for my commute.

Her favorite gift from me (I just asked her): her engagement ring - I gave it to her Christmas 1989.

DammitJanet

See...I normally get my husband clothes because he seldom buys them either and I get him fishing or hunting stuff too. Now I am never much good at picking out good appropriate fishing or hunting stuff so I always end up buying "cute" stuff but hey...its the thought that counts right? Whats wrong with a pink fishing pole? I also got him this stainless steel 3 foot fishing pole that looked odd as could be but turned out to be a huge hit after everyone laughed at it...lol.

Im lousy at picking out guns. I cant tell a 22 from a 12 gauge shotgun. I wouldnt know a good price if it bit me. I cant even ask the boys because they would tell their dad. I tend to listen really hard and go for accessories. One year I got him a gun safe but someone...either him or the boys broke the locks off it.

One year I bought him a Dad ring but he never wore it and who knows where it got to. Hmmmm that is something to bring up when he rides me about jewelry...lol. I spent more on that ring than he did on all mine combined.

I wish he was a reader but he isnt. This year Im getting him a new cell phone because his current one is toast. Jamie bought him a gun case to carry his rifle and shotgun so the scope wont get messed up. Billy is planning on getting him the test bullet to align the scope. Cory may get him a flannel shirt for the cold.

Im just thrilled I got some vibrating slippers from Jamie...lmao. Im so darned easy. If I get some lavender bath salts from someone this year I will be a really happy camper. The slippers were 20 bucks...the bath salts may cost a grand total of 20 if they get a really big set. For 40 bucks I will be a thrilled woman. I will buy my own pots and pans because no one else can know what I really want. Tony thinks cheapies from walmart are just dandy. I really dont want to go there.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Recently, I had a moving sale at my house in Texas. I was careful to put things away like check books and jewelry. It was a very nice crowd. 1 person took a 6in Lhadro statue that my sister gave me years ago. I really was crushed. Obviously I felt a great deal of righteous indignation.
I ran across the box for it while unpacking,recently. I mentioned to husband that I really was upset about lsomeone taking something that was sentimental.

I recently was surprised by a delivery of a duplicate. It was unnecessary and very thoughtful.

When we got married I told husband that I didn't want anything that plugged in or kitchen tools as a gift. He has improved with age. I have gotten some incredibly sentimental gifts.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My favorite gift was for my 50th b/day last year - husband took me on a beautiful weekend retreat at an abbey north of here. It was the gift of time alone together which is in short supply in the tweedle household.

husband has been generous with time - taking on kt over the last couple of years when I needed to go see my mom; making sure wm was covered so I could attend the annual family golf outing in Michigan.

Over the last couple of months when I've been so blue with health issues husband brought in tons of art supplies; more than I needed. Last weekend he bought me a better easel - one that helped me out ergonomically. Again, he bought me time & the supplies needed so I can work on my artwork in a beautifully lit area of my home.

I look forward to my next gift of time. Whether it's a nap while kt is at home or a weekend away with a friend. (Spa time, Sue!)

KFld

I would have to say the best gift my s2bx has given me is this xmas when I will be waking up without him on xmas morning :gingerbread:

I know that sounds horrible, but I am really looking forward to it!! He has given me the gift of freedom and as devestating as what I have gone through these past few months have been, I am very happy where I am in my life right now and it's all because of him :smile: This year I will wake up with my easy child daughter and dad.

Christmas in the past with him was usually pretty stressful. I would be doing all the shopping for everyone, all the preparing, all the cooking and he would walk around making comments about not having any idea what to get me and then end up telling me he hated xmas because I was always stressed out. You think?????? Maybe if he had pitched in a little I wouldn't have gotten so stressed out by it. Oh, and the gifts from him were usually clothes that I could fit 3 of me into and things that he thought I should wear, even though they weren't my style!

The gifts from him didn't get better until easy child daughter was old enough to go with him and pick out all the gifts for him to me and they would actually fit and be something I liked.

Gee, I wonder if his flavor of the month will get something that fits or that she even likes because I can guarantee him easy child daughter will not be going shopping with him for her.

K

Kjs

My favorite gift was for my 40th birthday. That was such a great day. Xmas..I HATE the cold. I HATE driving in a cold car. One year husband, just HAD to use my car. (both our cars, but the one I drive...you know how it goes). Then on xmas, I opened this box with a remote in it. I looked at him and asked, "did you buy me a NEW car?" LOL...he had a remote start put in. Oh, it was wonderful. Was a long time ago. All I want this year is a glass cake pan, and new fuzzy Packers socks.

If you asked difficult child or easy child's what their favorite gift was...would they choose the most current or would they have a special one?