Favorite lines from tv, books or movies

muttmeister

My favorite scene (and very short line) from any movie of all time is in the original Indiana Jones movie when they are in an outdoor market in Marakesh or someplace like that and they've been fighting off assailants and Harrison Ford starts to go fight off another one and then he gets the perfect look on his face and says something to the effect of, "Oh, he!!" and then he pulls out a gun and shoots the guy.
Don't know what that says about me but I LOVE IT!

witzend

MM, I'm sure you know the story of that scene. Harrison Ford was suffering from traveler's stomach that day, and it was supposed to be a great fight scene with the scimitar and the whip and he was so sick he couldn't get the take. He finally gave up and said the famous line, and it's one of the best scenes in the movie!

donna723

Did you ever hear the story about why Indiana Jones could go through all that action and his hat always stayed on? I wouldn't swear to this but supposedly it's true.

They tried everything and nothing worked to keep the hat on - it went flying off in every action scene or any time a little wind came up. Anything that did work, like little clear strings under his neck, would always show up on the camera. So Harrison Ford finally got a big metal office-type stapler. He opened it up, put the business end of it against the band of the hat (while he was wearing it!), gave it a good smack, and STAPLED it right to his head! Then he did the other side! They said he did that every day when they were ready to begin filming. He couldn't stand the thought of somebody else doing it to him so he did it himself!

babybear

from my favorite movie, steel magnolias

Oh Ouiser, you know I love you more than my luggage.

You have the handwriting of a serial killer.

Laughter through tears is my favorite emotions.

Wiped Out

Staff member
From the "Trouble With Angels", spoken often before the main characters are about to get into more trouble!

"I've got the most scathingly brilliant idea!"

KTMom91

Sharon, I thought that was from the original Parent Trap. Still Hayley Mills, though.

From Fast Times at Ridgemont High, while Spicoli was driving the football player's car..."It was yellow a minute ago, I'm sure!"

From Young Frankenstein..."Could be worse...could be raining!" and "Yes! Yes! He vus my boyfriend!" and "What knockers!" and many, many more...I love this movie!

From The Shining..."Wendy, darling, light of my life, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just going to bash your brains in."

mstang67chic

Going Green
From We Were Soldiers between Mel Gibson and Sam Elliott. Gibson's character is worried about leading his men into an ambush and basically killing them all like Custer did. Elliott's character looks him in the eye and says "Custer was a *insert other word for kitty*" LOVE that line....and also love Sam too! LOL

From Mel Brooks' History of the World Part 1....I love double time harch.

klmno

Odd you should bring this up- there was a line in a movie that I really thought summed up being in love with someone but I can't think of the exact words. Maybe you ladies can help me identify the movie. I thought it might have been Bridges of Madison County but I quickly glanced thru a couple of clips and didn't find this so I'm not sure. I do think it was from the late 80's or early 90's though.

Ok, it was a love story with two people who were maybe middle aged- at least older than their 30's. They weren't married, at least for the greater portion of the movie. They fall in love and are getting to know each other's histories better. Apparently the man had been deeply in love with a woman (maybe one of them was a musician) many years ago. I'm not sure if she had dies or left him but they had been apart a long time and he'd been living the life of solitaire since. This "new" love asked him something about what it was about the first woman that had made him so committed or love her so much and his response really impressed me. I remembered it for years but now I can't.

I guess it's old age. LOL!

Andy

Pirates of the Caribean when the officer tells Jack Sparrow, "You are the worst pirate I ever heard of." and Jack responds, "But you have heard of me!"

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
For a person who doesn't watch much tv or movies, and can't recall the names of most shows or actors....I could list a page and a half.

I don't think so, Tim. Home Improvement

Whatever you say, TJ. From TJ Hooker

I'll be your huckleberry.
A daisy if you do.
I was just fooling about.
(sarcasticly) I'm an oak. From Tombstone.

'At'll do, pig. From Babe.

Free cheesey breads. Free! Free! From a pizza commercial.

Yippee ki-yay, ________ _________. And a whole lot more I can't even begin to type fom Die Hard (LOVE die hard movies.)

I could go on and on. The sad part is, these are part of daily conversations in my world.

And lately, anything from the Hangover. OMG that movie is hysterical.

trinityroyal

And lately, anything from the Hangover. OMG that movie is hysterical.

I can't remember a single line from the movie. I do remember that I laughed hard enough to cough up a lung throughout the whole thing. I think my favourite bit is Zach Galafianakis singing the friend song as they drive along the highway. Can't remember the words though. Sigh...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
More...

From Young Frankenstein - "It...Could...Work!"

From Real Genius - "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'"

From Dawson's Creek - "And so the triangle becomes a square."

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wilma from The Flintstones as she's hustling around cleaning and he's lounging in his chair. She says, "Comfortable Fred?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Snap out of it!!, accompanied by two smacks to Nicholas Cage's face by Cher in Moonstruck, after spending a night together (she is supposed to be marrying his brother, Johnny Cammerrari).

Also from Moonstruck:

Mother (played by Olympia Dukakis): Do you love him Loretta?

Loretta (played by Cher): No, but you know, Johnny's nice and he's a good man.

Mother: "Good, because when you love them they drive you crazy because they know they can" as she glares at her husband (played by Vincent Gardenia).

And another part:

Mom: You... you got a love bite on your neck. He's coming back this morning, what's the matter with you? You're life's going down the toilet! Cover up that damn thing! Come on, put some make-up on it!

Later in the movie...after Cher's character falls for Ronny Cammerrari (Cage)...

Mother: Loretta, do you you love him?

Loretta: Oh ma, I love him awful.

Mother: That's too bad.

And another part (can you tell this is my favorite movie of all time?)

Dad: "Where's Johnny?"
Mom: "He left"
Dad: "Good", as he climbs the stairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hangover:

When the black guy they rescue from the little evil and creepy Japanese man says, "I can be your Doug" and then later after they all keep referring to him as "Black Doug" and he says, "Allright, easy on that ____, man" - hahaha. Omg, there are just too many hysterical parts and lines in that movie - most of which can't be repeated here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the more recent Little Women starring Susan Sarandon, Kirsten Dunst, Winona Ryder, & Claire Danes.

The scene where Ryder's character Jo comes rushing in and shows off how she had all her hair cut off to earn some money for the family and Dunst's character, who is a little girl says, "Oh Jo, your one beauty!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And so many more.....

Star*

call 911........call 911
From Babe -

"At'll do Pig....At'll Do."

From Young Frankenstein -
When the Monster is dancing to the song Putting on the Ritz and he tries to yell "Puttin' on the Ritz" kills me every time.

From Pirates of the Carribean
"Why is the Rum Always Gone?"
(I think one of the funniest lines is when the current captain of the Black Pearl tells Jack that they named the monkey Jack and the monkey smiles) but the way Jack runs? OMG! Words escape me.

From Tombstone (Val Kilmer playing doctor Holiday)
"I'll be your Huckleberry." - I'd like to be his Huckleberry :tongue:

From It's A Wonderful Life - (Violet walking down the Street)
"Oh this old thing? I only wear this when I don't care how I look." & Everything Jimmy Stewart says from the time he figures out that he really does matter in the world and starts telling everything he's glad to see it. I think that is just the best feel good run-on sentence in a movie.

From Tommy Boy - (when Chris Farley walks into the glass door)
"Oh thats gonna leave a mark."

From King Arthur - When Merlin is telling the people how to rid their world of Queen Maab's evil once and for all-
"When we are forgotten we cease to exist."

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I can't remember a single line from the movie. I do remember that I laughed hard enough to cough up a lung throughout the whole thing. I think my favourite bit is Zach Galafianakis singing the friend song as they drive along the highway. Can't remember the words though. Sigh...

Here's some reminders...

One man wolf pack...

Stu singing What do tigers dream of, when they take a little tiger snooze...

Alan "and that's why I've managed to keep myself single.."
Stu "really? THAT's why you're still single?"

"ruh-tard"

Who's baby is that?
Check its collar or something.
We dont' have time for this. Put it back in the closet and lets go.
We're not leaving a baby in the closet! There's a _____ tiger in the bathroom!

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That ____'ll come back with ya.

Stu "Are you qualified to take care of that baby?"
Alan "I've found a baby before!"

Alan hits the baby with the car door..."Are my glasses ok?"

Last edited:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks, Shari - now I'm laughing my behind off at work and I think I will watch The Hangover again when I get home! Yes, I bought it. Pee your pants hysterical.