Favorite Movie Quote

meowbunny

EWWWWW -- The Pope of Greenwich Village? Wished I knew how that cropped into my head. I haven't even seen the movie! Should I put it in my Netflix que?

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: meowbunny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor Paulie! Great movie, Fran. </div></div>

"Oh, Paulie... won't see him no more."

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
* It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...

* I am the walrus.

*You know what I'm trying to say...

G

guest3

Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

I was such a star wars groupie, I still am! :bow:

G

guest3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nomatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

"Face it, girls, I'm older and I have more insurance."</div></div>

Oh a CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love that one and I love Fried Green Tomatos too !!!

meowbunny

Poor Rose. At one time, my daughter was madly in love with Leonardo. I think I saw that movie at least 20 times. What I could never understand is how she would walk through that icy water to get him out of those handcuffs. Seems like hypothermia would have set in long before the boat sunk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HereWeGoAgain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the flag with the black spider on it makes people nervous. </div></div>

The Sound of Music. The "black spider" is the nazi swastika.

Easy one: "Houston, we have a problem."

'Chelle

Favorite quotes from a couple of my favorite movies

"ummmmmmmmm tempting..but NO"

"You are my sun, my moon, my stars. Without you I dwell in darkness."

"My Westley will always come for me."
"Inconceivable!"
"Have fun storming the castle!"

meowbunny

I got the "you are my sun" quote from Willow. And I adore both the book and movie version of The Princess Bride. But the first quote has got me stumped. Is it from Willow, too? If so, do you remember who/when/why it was said. Some dang clue? Thanks.

'Chelle

Yes the first quote is from Willow too. It's said by Madmartigan, when he's dressed up as a woman at an inn, to a charmer named Lunk who requests of Madmartigan "wanna BREED" :rofl: I use that 'tempting but no" quote whenever the kids ask me to do something that I don't want to do.

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 'Chelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

"My Westley will always come for me."
"Inconceivable!"
"Have fun storming the castle!"

</div></div>

Princess Bride. M wore that tape out! He was almost 3 years old. He called it "Grandpa", because of the grandfather reading the book to his grandson.