favorite movie?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow, I have a couple... Labyrinth is probably my all time favorite though. From IMDB:
15-year-old Sarah accidentally wishes her baby half-brother, Toby, away to the Goblin King Jareth who will keep Toby if Sarah does not complete his Labyrinth in 13 hours.
Labyrinth features Henson's Muppets and David Bowie, plus MC Escher... What's not to like?!Also, How to Train Your Dragon. Toothless reminded me of my cat (now AngelKitten for 2 years)... And reminds me of Inky, now. In fact I wonder if AngelKitten is partially reincarnated in Inky...
A hapless young Viking who aspires to hunt dragons becomes the unlikely friend of a young dragon himself, and learns there may be more to the creatures than he assumed.

donna723

I have two favorites that I watch over and over again and they are both real classics from back in the 60's ... but then so am I!

The first is "To Kill a Mockingbird" - no explanation necessary. Every time I see it, I learn something new from it that I hadn't caught before.

The second is "Easy Rider". I never get tired of it. Maybe you have to be as old as I am to realize how accurately it depicted what it was like back then if you were part of that culture like I was. I watch the movie all the time and the soundtrack CD is permanently installed in the CD player of my car.
:mcsmiley1::mcsmiley1:

susiestar

Roll With It
I have so many it is hard to pick just one.

Fried Green Tomatoes - Kathy Bates is a middle aged woman who ends up friends with an older woman in a nursing home. The older woman tells stories about her life and in the stories the younger woman finds inspiration to find her backbone. IMDB description: A housewife who is unhappy with her life befriends an old lady in a nursing home and is enthralled by the tales she tells of people she used to know.

Rocky Horror Picture Show: Reminds me of so much. Silly, Goofy, Tim Curry, sooo much fun. And I never even saw it stoned!

Legally Blonde - Blonde girl is dumped by guy and gets into Harvard Law to win him back. Falls in love with prof, makes friends with fiance of guy, happy ending, etc... Fave movie to watch with Jess because it is one of her faves.

Jungle Book - Disney cartoon, husband and I saw this on our first date.

Of course I love action movies, the Die Hards, Indiana Jones movies, Back to the Future, MIB (Just LOVE the aliens behind the celebs, lol), TombRaider, etc...

J and I just saw "The Call" with Halle Berry on campus during their free summer movie promotion. We love it, esp the ending! The ending would be something I contemplated doing, but problem would not because the guy could figure out how to get out. Great cast, interesting plot, reminds me of our Star. It is about a 911 operator who hears a girl get kidnapped and then later she goes through the same thing with another girl, and it is how the situation unfolds.

KTMom91

"The Shining" is my number one favorite. Next is "Young Frankenstein", followed by "White Christmas".

Looking at these, I'm thinking what a weird combination!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My Dad loves Young Frankenstein.

husband's is Army of Darkness, which coincidentally was also XH's favorite movie. Same favorite color too. Weird.

Californiablonde

My favorite all time movie is The Wizard of Oz. I have seen it probably 20 times and I never get tired of it. We did the play my senior year of high school and I played a munchkin plus one of the ladies in Emerald City. I had a blast. Good times and great memories.

Dixies_fire

Sixteen candles I think everyone has seen this by now. It's an 80's teen movie with Molly ringwall

Gone with the wind have been watching this since I was a child

Cleopatra

Singing in the rain

Band of brothers! Watch the mini series again quite frequently since I came home from Afghanistan with them.

Ex husband gave me the digital copy of the great and wonderful oz. we watched that a few days ago and it was great. Don't think his girlfriend baby mama knows he gave it to me but whatever. He wanted to give it and I wanted to see it and it was free for them when they purchased the movie. He owes me five months of child support plus more if you count I've discounted it to less then what the state said he owed anyway, she can take it from my tab as it were.

Californiablonde

You're 80's post reminded me of another one. The Breakfast Club. I have seen that movie so many times and I laugh every time I see it. My stepson saw it on TV one year and watched it. At first he thought it was going to be a "stupid old movie" cause it was made in the 80's but he watched it all the way through and laughed his behind off. I grew up in the 80's so I got to see all the good teen movies from back then. And my favorite horror series is The Nightmare on Elm Street movies. Ahhh the good old days.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Are you talking movie to watch or "ahem" things to watch in a movie.......if it's Things.....then I could watch a certain thing in the 13 Warrior......(nope nope _ not saying ) But yes yes he is A Norse man..........
If it's movies? Really don't have a one favorite. (Keeps thinking about that warrior guy), drums fingers, twists lips. Shreck.. Yeah there is that donkey love thing. I'd have to go with Shreck.

Dixies_fire

Honestly I'm not a big tv or movie person too much, I generally turn on the tv for back ground noise. But I shut off the cable and if I want to watch anything I have to look it up. Was wanting ideas. But I've never seen the 13th warrior so I might have to watch it just to see *^ahem^* thing you are talking about.

muttmeister

Two favorites:
Young Frankenstein - already mentioned. Either silly and stupid or comic genius, depending on your perspective (mine is obviouslyl the latter)

Lilies of the Field with Sidney Poitier - An old movie in black and white that is probably a little trite but it makes me feel good every time I watch it. This is my go-to for when I've decided the world sux and I need something to perk me up.l

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The Notebook was awesome. I didn't expect to like it.
A poor and passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman and gives her a sense of freedom. They soon are separated by their social differences.
Sweet Home Alabama, just for the Jake character. DROOOOOOOL! Josh Lucas is HOT. And speaking of Josh Lucas, Glory Road. I am not a sports movie type of person, but Don Haskins is someone my Dad drank with... LOL... I am from El Paso, so Texas Western (now University of Texas at El Paso) got me.
In 1966, Texas Western coach Don Haskins led the first all-black starting line-up for a college basketball team to the NCAA national championship.
AND, speaking of the 60s, The Help. Mom and I went to see it on opening weekend, and I've never seen a standing ovation in a movie theater before...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dixie - there's probably a little{ahem} something in that movie for everyone - and nooooo it's not Omar Sharif but for an old dude......he's an attractive man. Wait he's not a Norseman. See this is why I'll never go to Sweden or Norway on a cruise. I would come home with 'trinkets'

donna723

Star, I've never seen that particular movie myself but, on your recommendation, I may have to look it up! I'm assuming it's along the same lines as the infamous "venetian blind scene" in American Gigolo? And if you've never seen it, that one scene alone is worth the whole price of the movie! And don't ask,"Which scene"? When you see it, you'll know! Let's just say it's Richard Gere-related. :thumbsup:

Another one of my all-time favorite movies is "The Color Purple". I love every last second of it, and especially the music. I've seen it at least fifty times. And when it gets to the ending part where her children and her sister return to her from Africa, I sit here bawling like a baby! Every. Single. Time!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Donna and furbabies - howdy -

The venetian blind scene.......NO. There are few things in the 80's that compare to that. (has a memory moment) ...no. This is just one OF the 13 warriors. I really am not a "oh look at him" kind of gal....never have been. And despite being a man DF has always been smart enough to be a look but not comment kind of man. However the older he's gotten the more I hear things like "Boy that Kiefer Sutherland is quite the ladies man isn't he?" and I comment - Not really - not to me. Or I'll hear "I bet the women just go crazy after that Brad Pitt?" and I say in all honesty "Sorry honey he wouldn't ride on my bicycle." and I mean it. And like I said the older he gets the more he picks out men in moves and says things about them and I sit there, roll my eyes, and I say......."darlin', none of them are you - I'm faithful, and loyal, and I picked you for you."

THEN????? He rented the 13th warrior (I think honestly because it had Antonio Banderas in it) because he said "What do women see in him? and after years and years of being "Prodded" I sat back and I said "I have no idea because if I were the director? I would have made that one warrior THERE and pointed - the star!" and then I growled, got up out of the room, made popcorn and made sure I had a full mouth of kernels every time he said "WHICH ONE???????" ......I just smirked and chewed and said with a full mouth.....THe one that looks like you dear....

L

Liahona

The 13th Warrior is my favorite movie. The sense of humor of that one guy is great. It is a re-telling of Beowulf. I hate Beowulf but I really like that movie. I watch it when I'm upset about something.

I also like Fiddler on the Roof.

Dixies_fire

I just watched my sisters keeper and I am in tears this is the second time I've watched it and I cried as hard as the first. It is a great movie but depressing as hell.

I also like Beaches with Bett middler

susiestar

Roll With It
LOVE Army of Darkness, and it is one of husband's all time favorites too. Of course he is a HUGE Bruce Campbell fan. We both love Brisco Country Jr, lol.

80's teen movies? Ferris Beuller's Day Off and WarGames are my favorites.

Star, I kept thinking of you as I watched "The Call" at the campus theater last Th.