Favorite you tube videos/channels

Nomad

Staff member
I don’t know some password I need to sign up for these things regularly.
But, I have discovered, especially when I have insomnia, it’s fun to go to you tube channels on various subjects of interest like Weight Watchers.

A channel I check into fairly regularly (not related to WW) is called Elle is for Living. Make up, general advice.

I understand lots of people subscribe to channels.

Does anyone subscribe to or check in on any favorites? Make up, piano, food, weight loss, cooking, pets etc?

Not sure we should put links. It might not be permitted. Maybe just say the name of the channel. Thank you.

BusynMember

My many channel types include spirituality, psychic mediums, the afterlife, dogs, many animal rescues, some wildlife channels, Judge Episodes like Judge Judy, healthy living channels, RV travels, anxiety channels, dysfunctional family dynamics channels, family scapegoat, homelessness channels (Invisible People and others) top tens, packers football.....

I have some shallow interests :) and I LOVE You Tube. I can always come up with new topics to explore and I subscribe to tons. I know there are endless topics to listen to and keep adding on.

I love the Ted Channels for learning, inspiration and interesting people. And I utilize YouTube to find amazing guided meditations, which I do almost every night. If anyone likes calming meditations, maybe you will like Jason Stephenson.

YouTube rocks to me :)

Last edited:

Lil

Subscriptions - I have some weird ones and I don't really keep up with them.

Townsends - which does historical reenactment of recipes and such from the 18th century. This one I watch a lot.

Starry Hilder - who is a homesteader/prepper

Becky's Homestead - who is a woman who lives on a tiny homestead with chickens and goats and pigs and such.

Wolter's World - a travel blogger

Rick Steve's Europe - also travel

Mr. Creepy Pasta - Horror stories

Sleep Droid Studios - which has 10 hour "white noise" type videos that you play while you sleep. Jabber and I listen to thunderstorms.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - but my access at work is restricted and they won't play and I never play them at home.

Back to Reality - this is a young Canadian couple who lived in an RV for like a year saving money to buy a homestead.

AppleCori

Interesting topic!

I will be looking to see what others have to say.

I don’t subscribe to any channels, but I do go on You Tube quite frequently.

I do occasionally look at cooking clips, like Jo Cooks. I like her website, and have made a few of her dishes, which are pretty good, though much of her stuff is higher in calorie and fat content than I like. It all looks good, though.

I look at organizing clips occasionally. Love to see what other people do and how they organize their kitchens and pantries and how much they keep versus donate. I like a minimalist approach, but I am just not there in my own life.

Often, I go to find some song I heard on the radio. I listen to music sometimes while showering in the morning.

Mostly I go to find history videos and videos people have made about other countries. We are trying to study every country in the world (at least a little bit), now that we have finished world history from the Big Bang to the present ( I homeschool my daughter, and it’s one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done). We enjoy learning about things like driving etiquette and personal etiquette in other countries and just generally what is different and what is the same as what we experience here. We like really understanding what life is like in other places. We are in Asia, still. Have been all school year. Thought we would be done with about 50 countries by now, but have only managed to finish China (and their holdings) North Korea, South Korea, and Japan. Too much interesting stuff to pass up!

Love this topic! I am interested to hear about what you all find interesting and enjoyable!

Pink Elephant

Love this topic, Nomad!

Goodness, so many... like music videos, help and instruction videos, and whatever pops up in-between. I find one video often leads into many, especially if I have some time to peruse such entertainment.

Even though I always try my best to avoid them, because I cry so bad, the adoption and saving of stray and homeless dogs tops my list as being videos I often watch. So heartwarming to know that love still exists in this ugly world.

Lil

I forgot, though I don't really have any subscriptions, I watch a lot of "prepper" videos. You know, those people who believe that the world (or at least the country) is going to fall apart and they have to be prepared for when the "SHTF". If you don't know that last abbreviation, the last three words are "hits the fan". Yeah...most are kinda waccko. But, they have a lot of good info. For instance, when Katrina hit New Orleans and people were stranded, it would have been a good thing for them to know how to collect and purify drinking water using only household items. They also do a lot of food preservation, canning and dehydrating, which is mostly what I watch.

BusynMember

Lil, I love to watch kind of "wacky out there" videos. I have watched people who live by garbage diving (finding food and other things out of trash cans), those who do the same with trash can diving and then sell the stuff on E-bay (many stores throw out stuff that is still wrapped and certain people know which days this will be...I never even thought of this), people who tell horror stories about what they learned while working at restaurants and fast food places (it's a good way to never crave their food), and even started reading a different type of parenting called "free range parenting" where the young kids are allowed to wander all over, even in big cities, without checking in with the parents. Makes me think I REALLY babied my kids!!!! A person I met told me she has something called gastroparesis and I never heard of it and felt very badly for her so I started YouTubing about that and now I know a lot about it. There is no end to what you can find on YouTube. Being a bit of a Tomboy, I have never looked at cosmetic, clothing, food or channels like that. I just pick the weird ones and I can become quite obsessed with the topic! The dumpster diving amused me for several months. The scapegoated child videos still amuse me, although I may have seen all of them by now.I love dog rescue videos, but have to limit how much of that I watch or I get very sad, but I now know of rescues all over the world and donate $5.00 a month to three of them.

YouTube is my favorite place for entertainment unless it's the football season :)